From basic eye care services to visual performance training, this evidence-based resource explores a range of sports vision services, including assessment and treatment procedures, outcome expectations, and applications to a variety of sports. Optometrists, ophthalmologists, and sports medicine practitioners will find a thorough review and discussion of the role of vision care in an athlete's performance, as well as practical recommendations for applying current research findings to clinical practice.
- Introduction to Sports Vision,
2. Visual Task Analysis in Sports
3. Visual Information Processing in Sports
4. Visual Performance Evaluation
5. Sports Vision Screening and Report Strategies
6. Prescribing for the Athlete
7. Management of Sport-Related Ocular Injuries and Concussion
8. Sports Vision Training
9. Sports Vision Practice Development
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2022
- 27th November 2020
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Professor of Optometry, Pacific University College of Optometry, Forest Grove, OR, USA
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.