The book outlines management implications of observations made at clinical examination and imaging of patients presenting with sports related musculoskeletal ailments. It clearly reviews typical findings of sports related injuries at clinical examination and at integrated imaging, including radiographs, ultrasound and MRI. The aim is to clearly define the practical implications of findings identified at MRI and ultrasound in patients with sports injuries.
- Content covers normal anatomy and then gives the commonly encountered pathologies.
- Chapters divided by anatomical regions for easy reference.
- Highly illustrated, with over 400 images and drawings.
- Written by four top experts in the field.
- Provides practical implications of findings.
- Mechanisms of injury and tissue healing
2 . Mechanisms of diagnosis
3. Mechanisms of treatment
4. Acute injury management
5 . The pelvis, hip & groin
6. The knee and calf
7. The foot and ankle
8. The shoulder
9. The elbow
10. The wrist and hand
11. The spine
12. The head, neck, thorax and abdomen
13. Pre-participation medical assessment and drugs in sport
- Churchill Livingstone
- eBook ISBN: