Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Sports and Energy Drinks, Volume 10 in The Science of Beverages series, is the first single-volume resource to focus on the science behind these beverages-for-purpose products. As consumers seek ways to effectively replenish key nutrients after strenuous activity—while also balancing calories and vitamin intake—sports and energy drinks is one of the fastest growing markets in the industry. From protein to fruit, athlete to adolescent consumption, this book explores the key issues and challenges in developing products that meet consumer demand in a safe-and-effective manner.
This series takes a multidisciplinary approach to help research and development professionals understand the scientific complexities of these unique beverages. As demand for sports and energy drinks is growing and with a more competitive market, this timely and useful resource will equip industry professionals with the tools they need to create new and innovative health-promoting products.
- Presents new findings on the health effects of sports and energy drinks
- Provides research analysis of existing products to promote new product innovation
- Includes information on trace minerals to promote safety and quality
Food scientists, food chemists, food microbiologists, food engineers in the beverages sector (R&D, Gov. and academia)
1. Sports and Energy Drinks: Aspects to Consider
2. What Is the Cost of Soft Drinks to Our Health and Economy?
3. Sports and Energy Drinks: Pharmacological Aspects and Health Impact
4. Factors Influencing the Optimal Choice of Sports Beverages
5. Whey Protein-Based Functional Energy Drinks Formulation and Characterization
6. The Impact of Sports and Energy Drinks in Performance
7. Chemical and Physical Modification of Nonalcoholic Carbonated Beverages to Reduce the Damage Over Teeth and Restorative Materials
8. Role of Phenols in Functional Beverages
9. Functional Beverages in Health Promotion and Disease Prevention: An Overview
10. Influence of Substances Present in Energy and Sports Drinks in the Improvement of Athletic Performance
11. Effect of Sports and Energy Drinks on Dental Hard Tissues
12. Health-Promoting Perspectives of Fruit-Based Functional Beverages
13. Emerging Trends and Developments in Beverage Science: Consumption of Different Beverages and Oral Health
14. Fruit Juices as Probiotic Foods
15. A Comprehensive Study of Sports and Energy Drinks
16. Perspectives on the Consumption of Energy Drinks
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2019
- 15th May 2019
- Woodhead Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Alexandru Mihai Grumezescu is a lecturer in the Department of Science and Engineering of Oxide Materials and Nanomaterials, at the Faculty of Applied Chemistry and Materials Science, Politehnica University of Bucharest, Romania. He is an experienced researcher and published editor in the field of nano and biostructures. He is the editor-in-chief of two international open access journals: Biointerface Research in Applied Chemistry, Letters and Applied NanoBioScience. Dr. Grumezescu has published more than 200 peer-reviewed papers, authored nine books, and has served as an editor for more than 50 scholarly books.
Assistant Professor, Department of Science and Engineering of Oxide Materials and Nanomaterials, Faculty of Applied Chemistry and Materials Science and Faculty of Medical Engineering, Politehnica University of Bucharest, Romania
Alina-Maria Holban is a lecturer in Microbiology and Immunology, at the Faculty of Biology, University of Bucharest; and associate researcher at the University Politehnica of Bucharest, Romania. Her primary area of research is the development of bionanomaterials with antimicrobial applications. Dr. Holban has published 75 papers in peer-reviewed journals, 42 conference/symposia proceedings, and has edited more than 21 edited books.
Botany and Microbiology Department, Faculty of Biology, University of Bucharest, Romania