Each chapter will follow a consistent format, which will include:
1. Statement of learning objectives at the start of the chapter
2. A summary of the major themes and key issues at the end of the chapter
3. 2 international cases per chapter, for chapters 2-11
It is envisaged that online resources (including PowerPoint slides and review questions) will be provided as a supplement to instructors who prescribe the book.
The book is divided into four sections: ‘Sport Media Evolutions’; ‘Sport Media Landscapes’; 'Sport Media Strategies' and ‘Sport Media Futures’.
Section 1: Sport Media Evolutions
1. Sport and the Media: A Defining Relationship
Section 2: Sport Media Landscapes
2. Global Players: The Sport and Media Industries
3. Putting Up Big Numbers: Broadcast Rights and Regulations
4. Making Sport Pay: Maximising Investments
5. Content is King: Sport Media Texts
6. Working the Beat: Sport Media Production
Section 3: Sport Media Strategies
7. Sport Media Planning and Promotion: The Foundations of Coverage
8. Feeding the Media I: Media Communications
9. Feeding the Media II: Media Interactions
10. Cash Cows?: The Commodity of Sport Celebrity
11. Not All Publicity is Good: Managing Crises, Scandals and Reputations
Section 4: Sport Media Futures
12. Sport Media Futures: A Brave New World?