- Understand the rationale and scientific evidence behind spinal injections and sympathetic nerve blocks - when and why they should be performed, the mechanisms of action on pain, and current guidelines for practice - and master their execution.
- Optimize outcomes, reduce complications, and minimize risks by adhering to current, evidence-based practice guidelines.
- Apply the newest techniques in employing ultrasound, fluoroscopy and computed tomography (CT) to guide needle placement.
- Quickly find the information you need in a user-friendly format with strictly templated chapters supplemented with illustrative line drawings, images, and treatment algorithms.
- See how it’s done through step-by-step procedural videos on Expert Consult.
- Access the fully searchable contents at expertconsult.com.
Section I: General Considerations
Chapter 1: History of Spine Injections
Chapter 2: Therapeutic Agents for Spine Injection: Local Anesthetics, Steroids, Contrast Media
Chapter 3: Fluoroscopy, Ultrasound, CT, and Radiation Safety
Section II: Peripheral Nerve Blocks
Chapter 4: Differential Diagnostic Nerve Blocks
Chapter 5: Head and Neck Blocks
Chapter 6: Upper Extremity Peripheral Nerve Blockade
Chapter 7: Lower Limb Blocks
Chapter 8: Cervical and Lumbar Sympathetic Blocks
Chapter 9: Nerve destruction for the alleviation of visceral pain
Chapter 10: Peripheral Applications of Ultrasound for Chronic Pain
Section III: Injections for Back Pain
Chapter 11: Therapeutic Epidural Injections: Interlaminar & Transforaminal
Chapter 12: Facet (zygapophyseal) Intraarticular Joint Injections: Cervical, Lumbar and Thoracic
Chapter 13: Medial Branch Blocks: Cervical, Thoracic and Lumbar
Chapter 14: Radiofrequency rhizotomy for facet syndrome
Chapter 15: Sacroiliac joint injections and lateral branch blocks including water-cooled neurotomy
Chapter 16: Pulsed Radiofrequency
Chapter 17: Discogenic Pain and Discography for Spinal Injections
Chapter 18: Minimally Invasive Intradiscal Procedures for the treatment of discogenic lower back and leg pain
Chapter 19: Vertebral Augmentation
Chapter 20: Ultrasound-guided lumbar spine injections
Chapter 21: Ultrasound-guided Cervical Spine Injections
Chapter 22: Musculoskeletal Injections: Iliopsoas/quadratus lumborum, piriformis, trigger point injections
Chapter 23: Ultrasound and F