Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Spinal Cord Injury (SCI) Repair Strategies provides researchers the latest information on potential regenerative approaches to spinal cord injury, specifically focusing on therapeutic approaches that target regeneration, including cell therapies, controlled drug delivery systems, and biomaterials. Dr. Giuseppe Perale and Dr. Filippo Rossi lead a team of authoritative authors in academia and industry in this innovative reference on the field of regenerative medicine and tissue engineering. This book presents all the information readers need to understand the current and potential array of techniques, materials, applications and their benefits for spinal cord repair.
- Covers current and future repair strategies for spinal cord injury repair
- Focuses on key research trends, clinics, biology and engineering
- Provides fundamentals on regenerative engineering and tissue engineering
Researchers in regenerative medicine, tissue engineering and neuroscience. Researchers in Biomaterials and Biomedical Engineering
1. Introduction to spinal cord injury as clinical pathology
2. Spinal cord injury: role of neurophysiology
3. Conventional treatments and surgical margins of maneuvering for spinal cord injury management
4. MRI as an imaging tool for in vivo noninvasive morphological and (partially) functional examination of injured spinal cord
5. Spinal cord injury: ethical issues
6. Elements of material science and polymeric biomaterials
7. Soft and rigid scaffolds for spinal cord injury regeneration
8. Nanomaterials for spinal cord injury (SCI) regeneration
9. Cell therapies for spinal cord injury regeneration
10. Functional properties of progenitor-like cells in the spinal cord: implications for self-repair
11. Paracrine effects for spinal cord injury regeneration
12. Pharmacological therapies and factors delivery for spinal cord injury regeneration
13. Reliability on animal models
14. Fundamentals and application of modeling in support of spinal cord injury repair strategies
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2020
- 29th October 2019
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Giuseppe Perale is currently Professor of Regenerative Medicine at the Faculty of Biomedical Sciences of the University of Southern Switzerland (USI) in Lugano, Switzerland, and visiting Professor at the Ludwig Boltzmann Institute for Experimental and Clinical Traumatology in Vienna, Austria
Professor of Regenerative Medicine, Faculty of Biomedical Sciences, University of Southern Switzerland (USI), Switzerland; Visiting Professor, Ludwig Boltzmann Institute for Experimental and Clinical Traumatology, Vienna, Austria
Filippo Rossi is Associate Professor in Applied Physical Chemistry, Department of Chemistry, Materials and Chemical Engineering “Giulio Natta” of Politecnico di Milano in Milan, Italy.
Associate Professor, Applied Physical Chemistry, Department of Chemistry, Materials and Chemical Engineering “Giulio Natta” of Politecnico di Milano in Milan, Italy