Table of Contents
- Chapter headings and selected papers: Theory of Polymer Characterization. Elements of polymer structure. Structural model of the polymer chain. Relating the polymer structure to the polymerization mechanism. The shape of things to come. Vibrational Spectroscopy of Polymers. Introduction to vibrational spectroscopy. Vibrational spectroscopy as an identification tool. Raman selection rules. Experimental IR Spectroscopy of Polymers. Infrared spectroscopic instrumentation. Sampling methods for IR spectroscopy. Data processing of digitized IR spectra. Quantitative IR spectroscopy of polymers. Applications of IR spectroscopy to Polymers. Copolymer analysis. Conformational analysis of polymers. Where do we go from here? Raman Spectroscopy of Polymers. Experimental Raman spectroscopy. Degradation of polymers. Conformation of polymers in solution and in the melt. High Resolution NMR Spectroscopy of Polymers in Solution. Elements of nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy. Nuclear spin relaxation. Magnetic interactions between nuclei. Applications of High Resolution Solution NMR. Determination of end group structure. Determination of branching polyethylene. Determination of copolymer structure. High-Resolution NMR Spectroscopy of Solid Polymers. The dipolar-decoupling experiment (DD). Chemical-shift anisotropy (CSA) in solids. Experimental implementation of cross-polarization. Applications of High-Resolution Solid-State NMR Spectroscopy to Polymers. Chemical shifts in the solid state. Mass Spectrometry of Polymers. MS instrumentation. Mass analyzer. Electrical detection.
- No. of pages: 491
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Elsevier Science 1999
- Published: June 1, 1999
- Imprint: Elsevier Science
- eBook ISBN: 9780080541570
- Hardcover ISBN: 9780444100313
About the Author
Dr Koenig has received many awards and honors during his career: in 1984, he received the prestigious Pittsburgh Society Spectroscopy Award. In 1986 he won the Alexander Von Humboldt Award for Senior US scientists and spent a year in Germany as a Visiting Professor at the Institute for Macromolecular Chemistry at the University of Freiburg. In 1991 he received the Society of Plastics Engineers Research Award. In 1992 he received the Gold Medal of the Eastern Analytical Society. In 1993 he won the Bomem-Michelson Award. In 1994 he was awarded the George Stafford Whitby Award by the ACS Rubber Division. In 1995 he was designated an Honorary Member of the Society of Applied Spectroscopy. In 1996, he received the Society of Plastic Engineers (SPE) Education Award. In 1997 he received the ACS Phillips Award in Applied Polymer Science.
For more information on
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Spectroscopy of Polymers"