Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Specification of Drug Substances and Products: Development and Validation of Analytical Methods is a comprehensive and critical analysis of the requirements and approaches to setting specifications for new pharmaceutical products, with an emphasis on phase-appropriate development and validation of analytical methods. This book is intended as more than a review of new regional guidelines, existing regulatory guidance, and industry practices. It provides a hands-on guide to understanding and applying these in practice. The authors discuss critical issues, novel approaches, and future directions while also providing insight into how International Guidelines were developed and the rationale behind them.
- Guide to industry best practices of analytical methodologies used in the specification of new drug substances and products (e.g. DOE, QbD)
- Critical assessment of the application of ICH guidelines on method validation and specification setting, written by experts involved in the development and application of the guidelines to aid understanding of requirements and what is expected by regulatory authorities
- Direct applicability to the day-to-day activities in drug development and the potential to increase productivity
For undergraduate pharmacy students and chemistry students; postgraduate students and faculty in analytical chemistry, pharmaceutical chemistry, pharmaceutical analysis, pharmaceutics and medicinal chemistry; analytical scientists in government, pharmaceutical industry and biotechnology industry and regulatory agencies.
Part One: Basic Concepts and Definitions
2. General Principles and Regulatory Considerations: Specifications
3. Application of Quality by Design (QbD) to the Development and Validation of Analytical Methods
4. General Principles and Regulatory Considerations: Method Validation
Part Two: Universal Tests
5. Description and Identification
6. Assay, and Impurities
7. Residual Solvents
8. Inorganic Impurities (Heavy Metals)
Part Three: Specific Tests: Drug Substances
9. Solid-State Characterization
10. Chiral Methods
11. Water Determination
Part Four: Specific Tests: Drug Products
12. Dissolution and Disintegration
13. Extractables and Leachables
14. Potency Assays for Biomolecules
15. Host Cell Protein Assays
Part Five: Pharmacopeial Methods
16. Pharmacopeial Methods and Tests
Part Six: Microbial Methods
17. Sterile and Non-Sterile Products
Part Seven: Biological Fluids
18. Biological Fluids
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2013
- 17th September 2013
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
"...a valuable addition to a pharmaceutical scientists’ library….relevant and of interest to various “stake-holders” in the drug development arena, including chemists, analysts, and programme managers. I can recommend it."--Organic Process Research & Development Journal, Sep-14
"Its main role is to explain how to meet the most recent International Conference on Harmonization guidelines for drug development. The book is organized to offer a critical and comprehensive account of the approaches used to identify the key determinants of quality production that affect the safety, effectiveness, and marketability of a drug."--ProtoView.com, April 2014
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.