Gain a firm understanding of normal anatomy and physiology from a sonographic perspective! Sonography: Introduction to Normal Structure and Function, 3rd Edition shows normal anatomy as it appears during scanning, with labeled drawings explaining what you should notice. With this knowledge, you will be able to accurately identify sonographic pathology and abnormalities. Over 1,200 illustrations include the latest and best images from the newest ultrasound equipment, including 3D and 4D images. Written by expert educators Reva Curry and Betty Tempkin, this book provides complete preparation for the challenges you'll encounter in the clinical environment.
- Over 1,200 images provide a thorough, visual understanding of sonography.
- Detailed, labeled line drawings accompany most sonograms to highlight and outline the anatomic structures that are visible in the image.
- Physiology background allows you to correlate images with physiologic processes and know which images need to be captured for the diagnosis of pathology.
- Sonographic appearance and applications sections help you develop skills in obtaining the correct images and knowing why those images are so important.
- Correlation with laboratory and other studies helps you connect your results with the total patient picture of disease analysis.
- A consistent emphasis on vasculature helps in the diagnosis of arterial disease.
- Introduction to Specialty Sonography section discusses important specialty areas such as neonatal brain, pediatric and adult echocardiography, and vascular technology.
- A companion workbook reinforces the textbook with exercises offering additional practice in identifying anatomical structures and applying knowledge. Sold separately.
Section I: Clinical Applications
1. Before and After the Ultrasound Examination
2. General Patient Care
3. Ultrasound Instrumentation and Processing
4. Your First Scanning Experience
Section II: Sonographic Approach to Understanding Anatomy
5. Body Systems
6. Body Layers and Sectional Anatomy
7. Embryological Development NEW!
Section III: Abdominal Sonography
8. The Abdominal Aorta
9. The Inferior Vena Cava
10. The Portal Venous System
11. Abdominal Vasculature
12. The Liver
13. The Biliary System
14. The Pancreas
15. The Urinary System
16. The Spleen
17. The Gastrointestinal System
Section IV: Pelvic Sonography
18. The Male Pelvis
19. The Female Pelvis
Section V: Obstetric Sonography
20. First Trimester
21. Second and Third Trimester
22. High-Risk Obstetrics
Section VI: Superficial Sonography
23. Thyroid and Parathyroid Glands
25. Penis and Scrotum NEW!
Section VII: Introduction to Specialty Sonography
26. Neonatal Brain
27. Pediatric Echocardiography
28. Adult Echocardiography
29. Vascular Technology
Section VIII: Advances in Sonography
30. Three-Dimensional Ultrasound
31. Interventional and Intraoperative Sonography
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2011
- 16th November 2010
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Executive Director of Community Partnerships, H201 Stockton Center for Community Schools, School of Education, Richard Stockton College, Pomona, NJ