Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
1. Core Concepts and Milestones
2. Inorganic Oxide and Chemically Bonded Sorbents
3. Porous Polymer Sorbents
4. Carbon-based Adsorbents
5. Restricted Access Media
6. Aptamer-Based and Immunosorbents
7. Metal Chelation Sorbents
8. Molecularly Imprinted Polymers
9. Magnetic Nanoparticles
10. Metal-Organic Frameworks
11. Electrospun Sorbents
12. Particle-Containing Membranes
13. In-Tube Solid-Phase Extraction
14. Needle Traps
15. Micro-Solid-Phase Extraction
16. Microextraction by Packed Sorbent and Pipette Tip Devices
17. Solid-Phase Microextraction (materials)
18. Stir-Bar Sorptive Extraction
19. Matrix Solid-Phase Dispersion
20. Solid-Phase Derivatization Extraction
21. Solid-Phase Passive Samplers
22. Automation and High-Throughput
23. Design of Experiments and Method Development
24. Environmental Applications (Cartridge and Disk Devices)
25. Environmental Applications (Solid-Phase Microextraction)
26. Environmental Analysis of Ions
27. Biomedical Applications (Cartridge and Disk Devices)
28. Biomedical Applications (Solid-Phase Microextraction)
29. Applications in Food Analysis
30. Industrial Applications
31. Atmospheric and Workplace Applications
32. Physicochemical Applications
Solid Phase Extraction thoroughly presents both new and historic techniques for dealing with solid phase extraction. It provides all information laboratory scientists need for choosing and utilizing suitable sample preparation procedures for any kind of sample. In addition, the book showcases the contemporary uses of sample preparation techniques in the most important industrial and academic project environments, including solid-phase Microextraction, molecularly imprinted polymers, magnetic nanoparticles, and more. Written by recognized experts in their respective fields, this one-stop reference is ideal for those who need to know which technique to choose for solid phase extraction.
Used in conjunction with a similar release, Liquid Phase Extraction, this book allows users to master this crucial aspect of sample preparation.
- Defines the current state-of-the-art in extraction techniques and the methods and procedures for implementing them in laboratory practice
- Includes extensive referencing that facilitates the identification of key information
- Aimed at both entry-level scientists and those who want to explore new techniques and methods
Academics and industrial chemists practicing instrumental analysis; students in advanced analytical chemistry courses; professional scientists entering or working in analytical chemistry and those scientific disciplines employing instrumental analysis to acquire sample information
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2020
- 12th September 2019
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Prof. Colin F. Poole was born and educated in the United Kingdom receiving a B.Sc. in Chemistry from the University of Leeds (1971) followed by graduate studies at the University of Bristol, MSc. in analytical chemistry (1972), and Ph.D. with Prof. E. D. Morgan at the University of Keele (1975) on the analysis of insect moulting hormones. Since 1980 he has been at the Department of Chemistry, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan, USA , except for 1995-1996, spent as the Governors’ Lecturer and Professor of Analytical Chemistry at Imperial College of Science, Technology & Medicine, London, in the United Kingdom. He is a former Science Advisor to the US Food and Drug Administration, a position he occupied for 25 years. Professor Poole has broad interests in the separation and detection of small molecules in biological, environmental, and food samples using a range of sample preparation, chromatographic and data analysis tools. He is the co-author of over 400 papers, 20 books, an editor of Journal of Chromatography A and a member of the editorial boards of 5 other analytical chemistry journals. .
Department of Chemistry, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI, USA
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.