Ground yourself in the social issues surrounding occupational therapy practice with Social Occupational Therapy: Theoretical Designs and Practical Outlines. Written by Roseli Esquerdo Lopes and Ana Paula Serrata Malfitano,, this groundbreaking text offers a global view of the role of occupational therapy and the potential contributions of occupational therapists to their societies — specifically in social services and with populations in situations of social vulnerability. Theoretical and practical chapters examine both occupational therapy and social policies, and the text’s emphasis on human rights and social issues reflects the World Federation of Occupational Therapists Minimum Standards for the Education of Occupational Therapists. It’s the unique perspective needed to tackle the social aspects of occupational therapy right along with the medical ones.
- Worldview of social occupational therapy reinforces the importance of the field and underscores the growing practice and theoretical field for global occupational therapy.
- In-depth analysis of social issues is incorporated throughout the text along with a detailed analysis of the potential contributions of occupational therapists to their societies.
- Focus on the social role of occupational therapy highlights the role of occupational therapy as a social profession and prepares students to respond to social issues as well as medical issues.
- Theoretical and practical chapters talk about occupational therapy and social policies.
- Emphasis on human rights and social issues reflects the World Federation of Occupational Therapists Minimum Standards for the Education of Occupational Therapists.
Section I: Conceptual Outlines: Colors and Textures
1. Section I Introduction
3. Citizenship, Rights, And Social Occupational Therapy
4. Social Occupational Therapy In Brazil: A Historical Synthesis Of The Constitution Of A Field Of Knowledge And Practice
5. Occupational Therapy And Socioeconomic Processes
6. Occupational therapy: social, cultural? Diverse and multiple!
7. Social Context And Social Action: Generalizations And Specificities In Occupational Therapy
8. Occupational Therapy And Social Assistance: Building A Critical Thinking About The Field
9. Occupational Therapy In The Context Of Social Protection Expansion
10. The Theory Of Communicative Action: A Theoretical-Methodological Contribution To Social Occupational Therapy
11. Citizenship And Cultural Diversity In Management Of Cultural Policies
12. Traditional Peoples And Communities: Traditional Occupation As A Theme Of Social Occupational Therapy
13. School And Youth - Contributions Of Social Occupational Therapy
14. Social Occupational Therapy, Offenses And School: Complex Plots In Fragile Relations
15. Social Occupational Therapy And The Eradication Of Child Labor In Brazil: The Challenge Of Articulating Social Protection And Autonomy
16. Informing Social Occupational Therapy: Unpacking The ‘Social’ Using Critical Social Theory
17. Occupational Therapy On The Move: On Contextualizing Citizenships And Epistimicide
Section II: Theoretical, Practical And Contemporary Scenarios In The Metuia/Ufscar Experiences Of Developing Social Occupational Therapy
18. Section II Introduction
19. Resources And Technologies In Social Occupational Therapy: Actions With Poor Urban Youth
20. Social Occupational Therapy In School: Experiences With A Student Association
21. The Caravan For The Promotion Of Rights: Disseminating And Discussing The Child And Adolescent Statute (Cas) In Schools
22. Youth And Education: The Path Constituted By The Non-Place
23. Paths Of Life And The Marks Of The Juvenile Justice System
24. Poor Youth And The City: Violated Rights, Denied Spaces
25. Social Occupational Therapy And The Support Contextures: An Experience Beyond Formal Devices
26. Overcoming Invisibility: Carla's Story
27. Social Occupational Therapy, Gender And Sexuality
28. Activity Workshops: Exploring The Use Of Digital Media By Brazilian Youths
29. Under And Between Trees: Social Occupational Therapy In A Public Square
30. The Planting Has Become A Plantation: Germinating Relationships To Sow Ties
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2021
- 1st October 2020
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.