* Includes reviews of real analysis and an extensive treatment of Lebesgue spaces.
* Develops at length the intrinsic definition and properties of Sobolev spaces, in particular their imbedding, compact imbedding, interpolation and extension properties.
* Provides a thorough treatment of the real interpolation method and its application to Lorentz and Besov spaces.
* Includes surveys of other fractional-order spaces (Bessel potentials, Triebel-Lizorkin).
* Develops the theory of Orlicz and Orlicz-Sobolev spaces and their imbeddings.