This is a unique book on the use of the SmartClip self-ligating appliance system, written by an internationally-known authority on the subject. It guides the reader towards the achievement of the best possible results for the orthodontic patient through the use of this new system.
SmartClip Self-Ligating Appliance System: Concept and Biomechanics will be ideal for orthodontists using the preadjusted conventional appliances, for those already using the SmartClip system and for those new to it.
- A practical and clearly illustrated introduction to a self-ligating appliance system which involves low force levels, sliding biomechanics and decreased friction
- Clear description of a new bracket positioning system, based on the individual characteristics of each tooth, providing perfect functional occlusion at the end of treatment
- Stress is laid on the importance of considering occlusion in treating orthodontic cases
- Numerous case histories give detailed examples of the use of the system
- Presentation of the advantages of the system - shorter patient chair time and overall treatment time, longer intervals between visits, less patient discomfort, better oral hygiene
- A historical overview of orthodontic fixed appliances
Development of the SmartClip Self-ligating Appliance
Customized bracket positioning system
Sliding mechanics for orthodontic movements
Versatility of the SmartClip Self-ligating Appliance
* Occlusion in orthodontics
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby Ltd. 2007
- 30th July 2007
- Mosby Ltd.
- Hardcover ISBN:
Orthodontist, Presidente Prudente, Brazil