Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Part 1 Smart Textiles for Monitoring and Measurement Applications
2. Smart Textiles
3. Sensors - Definition and Classification
5. Conductive Polymers and Fibres
6. Textile Sensors Development Steps
7. Characterisation of Textile Sensors
8. Interface phenomena of textile sensors and related textile reinforced thermoplastic composites
Part 2 Composites and Hybrid structures
9. Textile Reinforced Composites
10. Glass Fibres
11. Aramid Fibres
12. Carbon Fibres
13. Bio Sourced Fibres
14. Failure Mechanisms in Composites
15. Hybrid Structures - Bonding Issues
Part 3 Structural Health Monitoring (SHM) of composite structures
16. Health Monitoring Definitions
17. State of the art of traditional monitoring techniques
18. Interface phenomena of textile sensors and related textile reinforced thermoplastic composites
19. Predictive maintenance concept
Part 4 Structural Health Monitoring of processes related to composite manufacturing
20. Weaving Process
21. Stamping Process Supervision
22. Infusion Process Supervision
Smart Textiles for in situ Monitoring of Composites proposes a ‘smart textile’ approach to help solve the problem of real-time monitoring of the structural health of composites. The book combines textiles, composites and structural health monitoring knowledge to present an integrated approach to the deployment of smart textiles to monitor failure modes in composite materials. It introduces the theory of smart textiles for monitoring and measurement applications, describes established and developing techniques and approaches for using smart textiles for in-situ monitoring, and includes different fiber/matrix combinations and hybrid structures that are all presented using academic research and real-world case studies.
As smart textiles are fitted with flexible adapted sensors and actuators that detect stress, deformation, temperature changes, light intensity, and other signals from the environment, this book is a timely resource on the topic.
- Proposes a ‘smart textile’ approach to in situ monitoring of the structural health of composites where the composite structure’s functionalized reinforcement also plays a role
- Discusses the impact of this technology on different reinforcement materials and matrices
- Demonstrates, through a review of research and case studies, the implementation of sensing and measurement systems
Researchers, technicians, engineers, R&D managers in textile companies and downstream sectors such as automotive, aerospace, other forms of transport, civil engineering
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2019
- 9th November 2018
- Woodhead Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Professor Vladan Koncar is head of research at ENSAIT and director of the GEMTEX research laboratory. He has authored more than 200 scientific articles, including journal papers, book chapters and conference proceedings.
Head of research, ENSAIT and director, GEMTEX research laboratory