- Reviews a number of issues surrounding textile coatings and laminates
- Discusses the fundamentals of textile coatings and laminates addressing processes and techniques
- Examines types of smart and intelligent coatings and laminates for textiles, including microencapsulation technology, conductive and breathable coatings
Table of Contents
- Part 1 Fundamentals of textile coatings and laminates: Overview of textile coating and lamination; Coating and laminating processes and techniques for textiles; Base fabrics and their interaction in coated fabrics; Testing heat and mass transfer through membranes and coatings for textiles. Part 2 Smart and intelligent coatings and laminates for textiles: Microencapsulation technology for coating and lamination of textiles; Conductive coatings for textiles; Intelligent breathable coatings and laminates for textile applications; Shape memory polymers in coatings and laminates for textiles; Phase change materials and their application in coatings and laminates for textiles; Nanotechnology-based advanced coatings and functional finishes for textiles; Smart flame retardant textile coatings and laminates.
- No. of pages: 320
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Woodhead Publishing 2010
- Published: January 28, 2010
- Imprint: Woodhead Publishing
- eBook ISBN: 9781845697785
About the Editor
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Smart Textile Coatings and Laminates"