Part 1 Fundamentals of Textile Coatings and Laminates
1. Fundamentals of textile coatings and laminates
2. Coating and Laminated Materials, Processes, and Techniques
3. Base fabrics and their interaction in coated fabrics
Part 2 Smart and Intelligent Coatings and Laminates for Textiles
4. Microencapsulation technology for coating and lamination of textiles
5. Conductive coatings for textiles
6. Intelligent breathable coatings and laminates for textile applications
7. Shape memory polymers in coatings and laminates for textiles
8. Phase change materials and their application in coatings and laminates for textiles
9. Nanotechnology-based advanced coatings and functional finishes for textiles
10. Smart flame retardant textile coatings and laminates
12. Integration of electronic functionalities into textiles by lamination technology
13. Responsive Coatings
14. Functional coatings for nanofibrous membranes
15. Trending Topics and New Applications
16. Medical Applications of smart textile coatings and laminates
17. Specialty Testing
18. Self-Healing Coatings and Laminates
Smart coatings offer above and beyond the normal functions of a coating, ranging from improving the performance of fabrics, producing new forms of materials to providing decoration. This book reviews a variety of topics about textile coatings and laminates and aims to provide a stimulus for developing new and improved textile products.
The first part of the book introduces the fundamentals of textile coatings and laminates, addressing general areas such as coating and laminating processes and techniques, as well as base fabrics and their interaction in coated fabrics. Part two discusses different types of smart and intelligent coatings and laminates for textiles. Topics include microencapsulation technology, conductive coatings, breathable coatings and phase change materials and their application in textiles.
The entire book has been reviewed for currency and revised to reflect advances in reach in this field. Many new chapters have also been added for this edition, including medical applications of smart coatings, responsive coatings, and the integration of electronics into textiles through coating technology.
With its highly distinguished editor and array of international contributors, Smart textile coatings and laminates is a valuable reference book for chemists, textile technologists, fibre scientists, textile engineers and all those wishing to improve and understand the developments in textile coating and laminating technology.
- A thorough review of the state-of-the-art in smart coatings for fibres, fabrics and polymers, providing fundamental knowledge and stimulus for further research and development
- Entirely reviewed for this second edition, with new chapters added in a range of application areas including responsive coatings, smart coatings for medical applications, and integration of electronics into textiles through coating technology
- Provides practical guidance for coating and laminating processes and techniques, with particular focus on the impact of nanotechnology on intelligent coatings
Researchers, technicians, engineers, R&D managers in textile companies and downstream application areas such as protective clothing, aerospace, energy, medical, and others
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2019
- 1st October 2018
- Woodhead Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
William C. (Bill) Smith, President and founder, began the consulting firm Industrial Textile Associates in 1986 to assist companies to enter and/or expand the presence in the technical textiles industry. He has over 46 years experience in technical textiles. He is active in several professional organizations and serves as the editor-in-chief of the Journal of Industrial Textiles, formerly the Journal of Coated Fabrics. He organized and ran the groundbreaking International Conference on Textile Coating and Laminating for 15 years, along with over 50 other professional development conferences related to technical textiles. As symposium Director and consultant for Techtextil North America (TTNA), Bill has developed the largest and most acclaimed industry symposium in North America.
Industrial Textile Associates, USA