Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Smart Bioremediation Technologies: Microbial Enzymes provides insights into the complex behavior of enzymes and identifies metabolites and their degradation pathways. It will help readers work towards solutions for sustainable medicine and environmental pollution. The book highlights the microbial enzymes that have replaced many plant and animal enzymes, also presenting their applications in varying industries, including pharmaceuticals, genetic engineering, biofuels, diagnostics and therapy. In addition, new methods, including genomics and metagenomics, are being employed for the discovery of new enzymes from microbes. This book brings all of these topics together, representing the first resource on how to solve problems in bioremediation.
- Provides the most novel approaches in enzyme studies
- Gives insights in real-time enzymology that are correlated with bioremediation
- Serves as a valuable resource on the use of genomes, transcriptomes and proteomes with bioremediation
- Refers to enzymes as diagnostic tools
Researchers and scientists in the field of applied and industrial microbiology, bioremediation, molecular biology, chemistry, biotechnology, environmental science, industry personnel
1. Enzymes in bioremediation
2. Techniques for study of enzymology in bioremediation
3. Fungal and bacterial enzymes: a comparative study
4. Genomics transcriptomics and proteomics of bioremediation
5. Enzymes in pesticide biodegradation
6. Major metabolites after degradation and enzymes involved in these pathways
7. Soil enzymes by free living microorganism
8. Role of important enzymes in biogeochemical cycles
9. Potential genes regulate the enzyme kinetics
10. Laccases and their roles in biodegradation of different compounds
11. Monooygenase family in bioremediation
12. Esterase Family in bioremediation and its classification
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2019
- 7th June 2019
- Academic Press
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Dr. Pankaj Bhatt completed his PhD. in microbiology from G.B. Pant University of Agriculture and Technology, Pantnagar, India. His research focused on the molecular and microbiological basis of bioremediation. Dr Bhatt has published several articles in high impact factor leading journals including Scientific Reports, Frontiers in Microbiology, Chemosphere, Environmental research, World Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology, and 3-Biotech. He has also published several book chapters on microbial biotechnology. Presently he is working as a Post-Doctoral researcher at Integrative Microbiology Research Centre, South China Agriculture University, Guangzhou China.
Assistant Professor, Department of Microbiology, Dolphin (P.G) College of Biomedical and Natural Sciences Dehradun, India
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.