Get instant access to the critical data you need to make accurate diagnoses and effectively plan treatment. Small Animal Medical Differential Diagnosis, 3rd Edition combines over 400 expert resources and boils them down into one easy-to-use reference covering the differential diagnosis, etiology, clinical signs, and relevant laboratory abnormalities of the most common conditions you will encounter in dogs and cats. And because of its pocket size and intuitive organization, you can have it on hand as a quick consultative device throughout the day to make reliable on-the-scene decisions.
- More than 400 lists bring the most important medical diagnostic information from multiple resources into a single quick reference.
- Easy identification of the likeliest diagnosis is attributed by the possibilities being listed in order of incidence.
- Intuitive organization presents differential diagnosis by sign, symptom, and disorder to facilitate quick access to information.
- Alphabetical listing of all relevant laboratory tests makes information easy to find.
- Pocket size makes this guide portable, practical, and simple to use.
Part One – Clinical Signs Approach to Differential Diagnosis
Part Two – Systemic Approach to Differential Diagnosis
1. Cardiopulmonary Disorders
2. Dermatologic Disorders
3. Endocrinologic and Metabolic Disorders
4. Gastroenterologic Disorders
5. Hematologic Disorders
6. Immunologic and Immune-Mediated Disorders
7. Infectious Disease
8. Joint and Bone Disorders
9. Liver and Exocrine Pancreatic Disorders
11. Neurologic and Neuromuscular Disorders
12. Ocular Disorders
14. Urogenital Disorder
15. Pain Diagnosis
Part Three – Laboratory Values and Interpretation of Results
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2018
- 27th November 2017
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Dr. Thompson is board certified in veterinary practice, specialty – canine and feline medicine and surgery, and is currently owner and practitioner at Brevard Animal Hospital in Brevard, North Carolina. Dr. Thompson was previously an associate professor and director of the Community Practice section at the University of Missouri College of Veterinary Medicine and Veterinary Medical Teaching Hospital. He has served as chair of the American Board of Veterinary Practice (ABVP) board for setting continual professional development criteria and diplomate recertification.
Brevard Animal Hospital, Brevard, North Carolina.
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.