- A problem-oriented approach begins with a discussion of clinical signs, diagnostic recommendations, and techniques, and then moves on to therapeutic considerations and management.
- Step-by-step procedures provide an easy-to-follow description of each procedure.
- Over 850 full-color photographs and illustrations accurately depict specific disorders, diseases, and procedures.
- Color-coded summary tables and boxes make it quick and easy to look up clinical signs, etiology, differential diagnoses, treatment, and recommended drug dosages and indications.
- Knowledgeable contributors are recognized experts in their respective internal medicine specialties, and known for their clinical as well as academic and research expertise.
- Practical algorithms promote decision-making skills based on clinical findings.
- Extensive cross-referencing makes it easy to locate related information.
- Suggested readings at the end of each chapter facilitate access to the latest research findings.
1. Clinical Manifestations of Cardiac Disease
2. Diagnostic Tests for the Cardiovascular System
3. Management of Heart Failure
4. Cardiac Arrhythmias and Antiarrhythmic Therapy
5. Congenital Cardiac Disease
6. Acquired Valvular and Endocardial Disease
7. Myocardial Diseases of the Dog
8. Myocardial Diseases of the Cat
9. Pericardial Disease and Cardiac Tumors
10. Heartworm Disease
11. Systemic Arterial Hypertension
12. Thromboembolic Disease
PART TWO: RESPIRATORY SYSTEM DISORDERS
13. Clinical Manifestations of Nasal Disease
14. Diagnostic Tests for the Nasal Cavity and Paranasal Sinuses
15. Disorders of the Nasal Cavity
16. Clinical Manifestations of Laryngeal and Pharyngeal Disease
17. Diagnostic Tests for the Larynx and Pharynx
18. Disorders of the Larynx and Pharynx
19. Clinical Manifestations of Lower Respiratory Tract Disorders
20. Diagnostic Tests for the Lower Respiratory Tract
21. Disorders of the Trachea and Bronchi
22. Disorders of the Pulmonary Parenchyma and Vasculature
23. Clinical Manifestations of the Pleural Cavity and Mediastinal Disease
24. Diagnostic Tests for the Pleural Cavity and Mediastinum
25. Disorders of the Pleural Cavity
26. Emergency Management of Respiratory Distress
27. Ancillary Therapy: Oxygen Supplementation and Ventilation
PART THREE: DIGESTIVE SYSTEM DISORDERS
28. Clinical Manifestations of Gastrointestinal Disorders
29. Diagnostic Tests for the Alimentary Tract
30. General Therapeutic Principles
31. Disorders of the Oral Cavity, Pharynx, and Esophagus
32. Disorders of the Stomach
33. Disorders of the Intestinal Tract
34. Disorders of the Peritoneum
PART FOUR: HEPATOBILIARY AND EXOCRINE PANCREATIC DISORDERS
35. Clinical Manifestations of Hepatobiliary Disease
36. Diagnostic Tests for the Hepatobiliary System