Wendy A. Ware
1 Clinical Manifestations of Cardiac Disease
2 Diagnostic Tests for the Cardiovascular System
3 Management of Heart Failure
4 Cardiac Arrhythmias and Antiarrhythmic Therapy
5 Congenital Cardiac Disease
6 Acquired Valvular and Endocardial Disease
7 Myocardial Disease of the Dog
8 Myocardial Disease of the Cat
9 Pericardial Disease and Cardiac Tumors
10 Heartworm Disease
11 Systemic Arterial Hypertension
12 Thromboembolic Disease
PART TWO RESPIRATORY SYSTEM DISORDERS
Eleanor C. Hawkins
13 Clinical Manifestations of Nasal Disease
14 Diagnostic Tests for the Nasal Cavity and Paranasal Sinuses
15 Disorders of the Nasal Cavity
16 Clinical Manifestations of Laryngeal and Pharyngeal Disease
17 Diagnostic Tests for the Larynx and Pharynx
18 Disorders of the Larynx and Pharynx
19 Clinical Manifestations of Lower Respiratory Tract Disorders
20 Diagnostic Tests for the Lower Respiratory Tract
21 Disorders of the Trachea and Bronchi
22 Disorders of the Pulmonary Parenchyma and Vasculature
23 Clinical Manifestations of the Pleural Cavity and Mediastinal Disease
24 Diagnostic Tests for the Pleural Cavity and Mediastinum
25 Disorders of the Pleural Cavity
26 Emergency Management of Respiratory Distress
27 Ancillary Therapy: Oxygen Supplementation and Ventilation
PART THREE DIGESTIVE SYSTEM DISORDERS
Michael D. Willard
28 Clinical Manifestations of Gastrointestinal Disorders
29 Diagnostic Tests for the Alimentary Tract
30 General Therapeutic Principles
31 Disorders of the Oral Cavity, Pharynx, and Esophagus
32 Disorders of the Stomach
33 Disorders of the In
Learn to effectively recognize, diagnose, and treat common internal medical conditions with this invaluable reference. Small Animal Internal Medicine, Fourth Edition, emphasizes practical diagnostic approaches and focuses on the clinically relevant aspects of patient medical management. Extensive color illustrations, boxes, and algorithms, plus new photographs, schematic representations, and updated tables, set this book apart. With its highly functional design and clear, expert voice, this text delivers the most relevant information for the internal medical challenges you’re most likely to face.
- Utilizes a problem-oriented approach, beginning with a discussion of clinical signs and diagnostic recommendations and techniques and moving on to therapeutic considerations and management
- Each contributor is a recognized expert in his or her respective specialty.
- Limited number of authors provides consistency.
- Clear, step-by-step procedural guidelines thoroughly describe each procedure.
- Cross-referencing throughout the book reduces redundancy and makes information easy to locate.
- Suggested readings at the end of each chapter alert you to the latest research findings.
- Comprehensive drug tables provide recommended dosages and indications.
- Purposefully written to enhance critical thinking and decision-making skills based on clinical findings.
- Hundreds of summary boxes and tables allow quick access to clinical signs, etiology, differential diagnoses, drugs, and treatment.
- Full-color format brings you accurate visual depictions of specific disorders, diseases, and procedures.
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Dipl ACVIM, Professor, Department of Medicine and Epidemiology, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of California, Davis, CA
Dipl ACVIM, Professor, Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Chief, Oncology/Hematology Service, Veterinary Teaching Hospital, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH