Designed with busy practitioners and students in mind, Small Animal Dermatology: A Color Atlas and Therapeutic Guide provides concise, thorough coverage of over 250 skin diseases affecting small animals. More than 1,000 high-quality images help to ensure accurate diagnoses, with coverage including clinical features, top differentials, treatment, and prognosis for each disorder. In this edition, author Keith A. Hnilica streamlines content for practical, everyday use in the clinic. The differential diagnosis chapter is updated for added clarity and easier use, and for quick access, chapters now list diseases based upon the frequency of their occurrence in the pet population.
- A user-friendly organization allows for quick and easy access to information on specific diseases.
- Vivid, full-color images facilitate accurate diagnosis of each disorder.
- A comprehensive drug appendix includes information about dosage, adverse reactions, indications, and contraindications.
1. Differential Diagnoses and Algorithms
2. Diagnostic Techniques
3. Bacterial Skin Diseases
4. Fungal Skin Diseases
5. Parasitic Skin Disorders
6. Viral, Rickettsial, and Protozoal Skin Diseases
7. Hypersensitivity Disorders
8. Autoimmune and Immune-Mediated Skin Disorders
9. Hereditary, Congenital, and Acquired Alopecias
10. Congenital Diseases
11. Pigmentary Abnormalities
12. Keratinization and Seborrheic Disorders
13. Diseases of the Eye, Ear, Claws, and Anal Sacs
14. Neoplastic and Non-Neoplastic Tumors
15. An Overview of Bird and Exotic Animal Skin Diseases
16. Before and After Case Image Atlas
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2011
- 2nd December 2010
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
www.itchnot.com, Pet Wellness Center, Allergy and Dermatology Clinic, Knoxville, TN