This comprehensive text presents basic and advanced techniques for small animal general arthroscopy that can be applied to practice. It features clear discussions of relevant topics, including instrumentation, prep of the patient, portal placement, arthroscopic technique, diagnostic procedures, and operative arthroscopy. Over 275 color photographs bring the subject to life, with an atlas-like approach that showcases both normal and abnormal conditions in arthroscopic anatomy. The text also offers full discussions of how to arthroscopically diagnose and treat orthopedic disorders of the shoulder, elbow, carpus, hip, stifle and tarsus, while the accompanying CD-ROM provides video demonstrations with descriptive voice-over explanations of these arthroscopic procedures. A chapter on arthroscopic case studies presents examples of clinical cases to help clarify procedures and possible complications.
· Over 275 full-color, digitally enhanced photographs visually walk the reader through detailed techniques, illustrating the required instrumentation, instrument care, arthroscopic technique, and arthroscopic anatomy.
· A CD-ROM features video demonstrations of arthroscopic procedures, with voice-over descriptions and explanations accompanying the video.
· A full discussion of orthopedic disorders of the shoulder, elbow, carpus, hip, stifle and tarsus includes specific characteristics of these disorders, diagnosis and treatment, and examples of clinical cases.
· No other reference addresses the topic of small animal arthroscopy with the same high-level quality of illustrations and depth of coverage.
· Illustrations are integrated within the text in each chapter, rather than grouped in plates at the end, so readers can easily refer to the images discussed.
· Each joint is presented in a separate chapter, with each chapter containing the all the important information relevant to that discussion.
· A chapter on the history of arthroscopy includes a discussion of documentation and education to highlight the benefits of arthroscopic procedures while providing a solid historical framework.
· A chapter on instrumentation demonstrates how to use and care for instruments.
· Diagnostic indications assist the reader in understanding the procedures for diagnosing conditions.
· Case studies provide clear examples of procedures and possible complications.
- History of Arthroscopy
2. Equipment and Instrumentation
3. Shoulder Arthroscopy
4. Elbow Arthroscopy
5. Carpal Arthroscopy
6. Hip Arthroscopy
7. Stifle Arthroscopy
8. Tarsal Arthroscopy
9. Arhtroscopy Case Studies
10. Medical Management of Osteoarthritis
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2003
- 1st April 2003
- Hardcover ISBN: