1. Structure and Function of the Eye
2. Development and Congenital Abnormalities
3. Ocular Pharmacology and Therapeutics
4. General Pathology of the Eye
5. Basic Diagnostic Techniques
8. Third Eyelid
9. Lacrimal System
10. Cornea and Sclera
12. The Glaucomas
18. Ocular Manifestations of Systemic Diseases
19. Ocular Emergencies
20. Ophthalmology of Exotic Pets
A: Breed Predispositions to Eye Disorders
B: Glossary of Ophthalmological Terms
Recognize, diagnose, and manage a wide range of common ocular conditions with Slatter’s Fundamentals of Veterinary Ophthalmology, 5th Edition. Covering small and large animals including birds and exotic species, this reference provides the latest, most practical information on structure and function of the eye, ocular development, pathology, examination and diagnosis, surgical procedures, ophthalmic pharmacology and therapeutics, and management of ocular emergencies. Nearly 1,000 color photos and illustrations accurately depict ocular conditions and demonstrate surgical techniques. Edited by noted veterinary ophthalmologists David J. Maggs, Paul E. Miller, and Ron Ofri, this reference is an essential aid to clinical decision-making, from differential diagnosis to medical and surgical management.
- Practical, clinically focused coverage provides a one-stop diagnostic guide to ophthalmic disease in small and large animals including birds and exotic pets.
- Logical organization by anatomic region makes topics easy to locate.
- Nearly 1,000 color images present illustrated, step-by-step procedures that guide you through the recognition, diagnosis, and treatment of ocular conditions you are most likely to encounter.
- A team of three internationally respected veterinary ophthalmologists co-edit this reference to provide comprehensive, clinical expertise.
- Useful tables and charts summarize important facts and show treatment instructions at a glance.
- Clinical Tips boxes offer helpful practice advice.
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2013
- 29th November 2012
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
"The most recent edition of this renowned veterinary ophthmology textbook follows its predecessor's eyelids-to-orbit approach, focusing on ocular anatomy, detailed disease description, diagnosis and suggested treatments. The book comes in a hard cover for easier and long lasting handling of its 500 or so pages...In summary, this book provides a clinical approach of ocular conditions, diagnostic hints and treatment options that render it an indispensable tool for ophthalmological consultations. The clinical description is supported by good quality and self-explanatory drawings and pictures, which also give the book a veterinary ophthalmology atlas perspective. In my opinion, it is an invaluable tool for veterinary students, general practitioners and veterinary ophthalmologists, and represents good value for money."
The Veterinary Record, July 2013
University of California–Davis, Davis, CA
University of Wisconsin, School of Veterinary Medicine, Department of Surgical Sciences
Senior Lecturer, Veterinary Ophthalmology, Koret School of Veterinary Medicine, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Rehovot, Israel