- Explores the thermodynamics of sintering including sinter bonding and densification
- Chapters review a variety of sintering methods including atmosphere, vacuum, liquid phase and microwave sintering
- Discusses sintering of a variety of materials featuring refractory metals, super hard materials and functionally graded materials
Table of Contents
- Part 1 Fundamentals of sintering: Thermodynamics of sintering; Kinetics and mechanisms of densification; Path and kinetics of microstructural change in simple sintering; Computer modelling of sintering: Theory and examples; Liquid phase sintering; Master sintering curve and its application in sintering of ceramics. Part 2 Advanced sintering processes: Atmospheric sintering; Vacuum sintering; Microwave sintering of ceramics, composites and metal powders; Fundamentals and applications of field/current assisted sintering; Photonic sintering – an example: Photonic curing of silver nanoparticles. Part 3 Sintering of advanced materials: Sintering of aluminium and its alloys; Sintering of titanium and its alloys; Sintering of refractory metals; Sintering of ultrahard materials; Constrained sintering of ceramics, films and coatings; Sintering of ultrafine and nanosized particles.
- No. of pages: 500
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Woodhead Publishing 2010
- Published: September 27, 2010
- Imprint: Woodhead Publishing
- eBook ISBN: 9781845699949
About the Editor
Zhigang Zak Fang
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Sintering of Advanced Materials"