* Organized by biological system or molecule.
* Each chapter discusses insights into mechanism of action, structure, and function
* Covers enzymes, motor proteins, membrane channels, DNA, ribozymes, etc.
* Includes an introduction to key principles and an historical overview.
* Discusses applications in molecular diagnostics and drug discovery.
* Provides an expert's perspective on future developments.
Table of Contents
- Introduction and Historical Perspective; Motor Proteins: Linear Motors; Actin and Tubulin-Based Motors; DNA Motors; Rotary Motors; Single Molecule Enzymology; Ribozymes; Ribosomes; Large Complexes; Membrane Proteins; Channels and Pores; Cytoskeleton; DNA Mechanics and Structure; Single Molecules in Cells; Hair Cells; Structure of Single Protein Molecules; Single Molecule Mechanical Properties; Single Molecule Applications: Diagnostics; Single Molecule Applications: Arrays; Single Molecule Applications: Drug Discovery
- No. of pages: 368
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Academic Press 2008
- Published: October 29, 2008
- Imprint: Academic Press
- eBook ISBN: 9780080921235
- Hardcover ISBN: 9780123742278
About the Editor
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Single Molecule Biology"