1. Abdominal Pain
2. Abnormal Vaginal Bleeding
7. Back Pain
8. Behavioral Problems in Children
9. Bleeding and Bruising
10. Blood in Stool
11. Breast Masses and Nipple Discharges
12. Chest Pain
13. Child Abuse
21. Family Discord
25. Health Maintenance
29. Lower Extremity Pain and Swelling
32. Neck Pain
33. Pelvic or Genital Pain
37. Sexual Dysfunction
38. Shortness of Breath
39. Sleep Disorders
40. Sore Throat
41. Substance Abuse
42. Urinary Problems
43. Vaginal Discharge
44. Generalized Weakness45. Weight Change
Signs and Symptoms in Family Medicine, by Paul M. Paulman, MD et al, provides a unique evidence-based approach to diagnosis based on presenting signs. Focusing on the most common diagnoses observed in a medical practice, the book helps you "think horses, not zebras." A rating system for the sensitivity and specificity of the signs, symptoms, and diagnostic tests aids in the development of a focused and accurate differential diagnosis. This handy, take-along guide is ideal for quick reference at the bedside or a refresher while prepping for the boards.
- Confidently diagnose and treat common illnesses and conditions using an evidence-based, systematic approach. A unique ratings system indicates how frequently various symptoms and signs are associated with a particular diagnosis.
- Easily find what you need with consistently organized chapters and an at-a-glance bulleted format.
- "Think horses, not zebras" with a focus on the most frequently encountered diagnoses.
- Rule out the most serious possibilities quickly with differential diagnoses listed in descending order of severity.
- Review symptoms, signs, suggested work-up, and patient disposition for each diagnosis.
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2012
- 17th August 2011
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Professor and Predoctoral, Department of Family Medicine, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE
Professor and Program Director, Department of Family Medicine, Assistant Dean for Admissions and Student Affairs, College of Medicine, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska
Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Family Medicine, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE
Professor; Chairman of the Department of Family, Creighton University School of Medicine; Family Medicine Physician , Creighton Medical Associates, Omaha, Nebraska
Assistant Professor, University of Nebraska College of Pharmacy, Department of Pharmacy Practice, Omaha, Nebraska