- Print ISBN 9780444506740
- Electronic ISBN 9780080879666
Special features of the current annual are
- an essay by Dr Lara Marks, entitled 'The pill: untangling the adverse effects of a drug', invaluable for all workers in the field of Women's health and birth control, and
- a review of the adverse effects of Anthracycline Antibiotics by Dr Fraser and Dr Twelves, published as part of the chapter on 'Cytostatics' by Dr Andrew Stanley.
Other important features of this Annual are the many special reviews. An index of Special Reviews is published in the book. The special reviews are short articles that deal in depth with a specific topic of current interest, typographically distinguished from the rest of the text, and marked by the prescription symbol of the eye of Horus. The current Annual is enriched with the infamous 'Drug Index' and 'Index of Adverse Drug Reactions'.
Side Effects of Drugs Annual 25 is the second update of the encyclopaedic volume
Essay: The pill: untangling the adverse reactions of a drug.
1. Central nervous system stimulants, drugs that suppress appetite, and drugs used in Alzheimer's disease (R.P. Sequeira).
2. Antidepressant drugs (P.J. Cowen).
3. Lithium (J.W. Jefferson).
4. Drugs of abuse (J.K. Patel, E. Wong, A.I. Green).
5. Hypnotics and sedatives (S. Curran, S. Musa).
6. Antipsychotic drugs (A. Carvajal, L.H. Martín Arias).
7. Antiepileptic drugs (J.K. Aronson).
8. Opioid analgesics and narcotic antagonists (A.H. Ghodse, A.M. Baldacchino).
9. Anti-inflammatory and antipyretic analgesics and drugs used in gout (A. Del Favero).
10. General anesthetics and therapeutic gases (T.G. Short, L. Nicholson).
11. Local anesthetics (S.A. Schug, M.C. Thornton).
12. Neuromuscular blocking agents and skeletal muscle relaxants (O. Zuzan, M. Leuwer).
13. Drugs affecting autonomic functions or the extrapyramidal system (M. Schachter).
14. Dermatological drugs, topical agents, and cosmetics (W.M.C. Mulder, M.M.H.M. Meinardi).
15. Antihistamines (J. Bousquet, P. Demoly).
16. Drugs acting on the respiratory tract (T.D. Robinson, A. Havryk, J.P. Seale).
17. Positive inotropic drugs and drugs used in dysrhythmias (J.K. Aronson).
18. Beta-adrenoceptor antagonists and antianginal drugs (A.P. Maggioni, M.G. Franzosi, R. Latini).
19. Drugs acting on the cerebral and peripheral circulations (R. Verhaeghe).
20. Antihypertensive drugs (F. Zannad).
21. Diuretics (D. Sica).
22. Metals (G.B. van der Voet, F.A. de Wolff).
23. Metal antagonists (R.H.B. Meyboom).
24. Antiseptic drugs and disinfectants (P. Ma
- No. of pages:
- © 2002
- 4th October 2002
- Elsevier Science
- Print ISBN:
- Electronic ISBN: