List of special reviews.
Cumulative index of Special Reviews, Annuals 16-21.
Essay. Errors in prescribing, preparing, and giving medicines-definition, classification, and prevention (R. Ferner, J.K. Aronson).
- Central nervous system stimulants and drugs that suppress appetite (R.P. Sequeira).
- Antidepressant drug (P.J. Cowen).
- Lithium (J.W. Jefferson).
- Drugs of abuse (E.J. Wong et al.).
- Hypnotics and sedatives (S. Curran, S. Lally).
- Antipsychotic drugs (A. Carvajal, L.H. Martín Arias).
- Antiepileptic drugs (E. Perucca).
- Opioid analgesics and narcotic antagonists (A.H. Ghodse, R.E. Edwards).
- Anti-inflammatory and antipyretic analgesics and drugs used in gout (A. Del Favero).
- General anesthetics and therapeutic gases (T.G. Short, E. Petcu).
- Local anesthetics (S.A. Schug, J.E. Ritchie).
- Neuromuscular blocking agents and skeletal muscle relaxants (O. Zuzan, M. Leuwer).
- Drugs affecting autonomic functions or the extrapyramidal system (M. Schachter).
- Dermatalogical drugs, topical agents, and cosmetics (A.C. de Groot).
- Antihistamines (A.N. Nicholson).
- Drugs acting on the respiratory tract (J.W. Paterson, K.M. Lulich).
- Positive inotropic drugs and drugs used in dysrhythmias (J.K. Aronson).
- Beta-adrenoceptor antagonists and antianginal drugs (A.P. Maggioni et al.).
- Drugs acting on the cerebral and peripheral circulations (R. Verhaeghe).
- Antihypertensive drugs (F. Zannad).
- Diuretics (G.T. McInnes).
- Metals (G.B. van der Voet, F.A. de Wolff).
- Metal antagonists (R.H.B. Meyboom).
- Antiseptic drugs and disinfectants (P. Magee).
- Penicillins, cephalosporins, other &bgr;-lactam antibiotics and tetracyclines (T. Midtvedt).
- Miscellaneous antibacterial drugs (J.K. Aronson).
- Antifungal drugs (R.G. Irwin et al.).
- Antiprotozoal drugs (I. Ribeiro et al.).
- Antiviral drugs (P. Reiss, M.D. de Jong).
- Drugs used in tuberculosis and leprosy (C.J. Ellis).
- Antihelminthic drugs (A.G.C. Bauer).
- Vaccines (S. Dittmann).
- Blood, blood components, plasma, and plasma products (H.W. Eijkhout, W.G. van Aken).
- Intravenous infusions - solutions and emulsions (P.I. Folb).
- Drugs affecting blood coagulation, fibrinolysis and hemostasis (K. Peerlinck, J. Vermylen).
- Gastrointestinal drugs (H.J. de Silva).
- Drugs acting on the immune system (T. Vial et al.).
- Vitamins (H.D. Reuter).
- Corticotrophins, corticosteroids and prostaglandins (J. Costa, M. Farré).
- Sex hormones and related compounds, including hormonal contraceptives (A. Buitenhuis, C.J. van Boxtel).
- Thyroid hormones and antithyroid drugs (J.A. Franklyn).
- Insulin, glucagon, and oral hypoglycemic drugs (H.M.J. Krans).
- Miscellaneous hormones (P. Coates).
- Drugs affecting lipid metabolism (I. Aursnes).
- Cytostatics drugs (A. Stanley).
- Radiological contrast agents (S. Morcos, P. Brown).
- Drugs used in ocular treatment (B.C.P. Polak).
- Treatments used in complementary medicine (E. Ernst, J. Barnes).
- Miscellaneous drugs, materials, and medical devices (N.H. Choulis).
International drug monitoring.
Address list of national centres participating in the WHO drug monitoring scheme. Index of drugs. Index of side effects.
Based on the results of an extensive literature search, an international team of authors have collected the latest information on adverse drug effects from the world literature. New adverse effects are reported and evaluated and previously reported adverse effects are re-evaluated in the light of the most recent information. The book provides the reader with a critical and up-to-date overview of the most recent developments in the field. Selected adverse effects are discussed in the special reviews. Two separate indexes enhance the book and allow the author to enter the text by drug name or by adverse effect. The Annual can be used independently or as a supplement to the standard Encyclopedic work in this field, Meyler's Side effects of Drugs, of which, thehttp://www.elsevier.nl/locate/isbn/0444500936 Fourteenth Edition was published in December 2000.
- © Elsevier Science 1999
- 18th November 1999
- Elsevier Science
- eBook ISBN:
@from:(A.G. Peppelman) @qu:(translated from Dutch) For the pharmacist who is confronted with questions about side effects, this is an almost indispensable reference. (...)With the outstanding index, listing medicines as well as side effects, questions can be quickly answered. @source:Pharmaceutisch Weekblad
Dr Jeffrey K. Aronson is a consultant clinical pharmacologist and physician in the Department of Primary Health Care in the University of Oxford and a consultant physician in the Oxford Radcliffe Hospitals Trust. He has been associated with the Meyler series since 1977 and has published many research papers on adverse drug reactions. He is President of the British Pharmacological Society and serves on many committees concerned with drug therapy, including the Technology Appraisal Committee of the UK’s National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE) and the Joint Formulary Committees of the British National Formulary and the British National Formulary for Children.
Department of Primary Health Care, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK