Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
1. Sialic Acids in Neurology
Chihiro Sato and Ken Kitajima
2. Sialic Acids in Nonenveloped Virus Infections
Bärbel S. Blaum and Thilo Stehle
3. The Biology of Gangliosides
Ronald L. Schnaar
Sialic Acids, Volume 76, the most recent release in the Advances in Carbohydrate Chemistry and Biochemistry series, is the second volume of a two-volume set devoted to the sialic acids. Vol. 76, devoted to the biological and biomedical aspects of sialic acids, includes chapters on "Sialic Acids in Neurology," "Sialic Acids in Nonenveloped Virus Infections," and "The Biology of Gangliosides," all written by leading experts in their fields.
- Features contributions from leading authorities and industry experts who specialize in carbohydrate chemistry, biochemistry and research
- Integrates the industrial, analytical and technological aspects of biochemistry, organic chemistry and instrumentation methodology in the study of carbohydrates
- Informs and updates on all the latest developments in the field
Researchers in biochemistry, organic chemistry, carbohydrate chemistry/ biochemistry, medicinal chemistry, and instrumentation methodology
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2019
- 7th March 2019
- Academic Press
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Prof. David C. Baker has a broad research and teaching experience in the organic and medicinal chemistry of the carbohydrates, including nucleosides and cell-surface carbohydrates that are documented in over 200 publications, presentations, and patents. He was elected a Fellow of the American Chemical Society where he has been active principally in the Division of Carbohydrate Chemistry.
Dr. Baker is Professor of Chemistry, Emeritus at the University of Tennessee in Knoxville, TN, USA. His editorial experience extends back over thirty years with editor’s positons for both the Journal of Carbohydrate Chemistry and Carbohydrate Research.