Shoulder Instability, by Drs. Mark Provencher and Anthony Romeo, is the first comprehensive resource that helps you apply emerging research to effectively manage this condition using today’s best surgical and non-surgical approaches. Detailed illustrations and surgical and rehabilitation videos clearly demonstrate key techniques like bone loss treatment, non-operative rehabilitation methods, multidirectional instability, and more. You’ll also have access to the full contents online at www.expertconsult.com.
- Watch surgical and rehabilitation videos online and access the fully searchable text at www.expertconsult.com.
- Stay current on hot topics including instability with bone loss treatment, non-operative rehabilitation methods, multidirectional instability, and more.
- Gain a clear visual understanding of the treatment of shoulder instability from more than 850 images and illustrations.
- Find information quickly and easily with a consistent format that features pearls and pitfalls, bulleted key points, and color-coded side tabs.
- Explore shoulder instability further with annotated suggested readings that include level of evidence.
Introduction Shoulder Instability
SECTION 1: ANATOMY AND PRINCIPLES OF TREATMENT
Ch 01 Clinical Anatomy and Biomechanics of the Glenohumeral Joint (Including Stabilizers)
Ch02 Examination and Classification of Instability
Ch03 Beach and Lateral Setup – Pros and Cons
Ch04 Open and Arthroscopic Instrumentation for Instability Repair
Ch05 Sutures and Glenoid Anchors for Instability
SECTION 2: ANTERIOR INSTABILITY
Ch06 Findings and Pathology Associated with Anterior Shoulder Instability
Ch07 Clinical History and Physical Examination
Ch08 Radiographic Studies and Findings
Ch09 Non-Operative Treatment of Anterior Shoulder Instability
Ch10 Non-Operative Rehabilitation for Traumatic and Atraumatic Glenohumeral Instability
Ch11 Arthroscopic Treatment of Anterior Instability – Surgical Technique
Ch12 Open Treatment of Anterior Instability – Surgical Technique
Ch13 Biomechanics of Glenohumeral Bone Loss and Treatment Mechanics
Ch14 Radiographic and Arthroscopic Evaluation of Glenoid and Humeral Head Bone Loss
Ch15 Arthroscopic Treatment of Glenoid Bone Loss – Surgical Technique
Ch16 Open Bony Augmentation of Glenoid Bone Loss – The Latarjet and Variants – Surgical Technique
Ch17 The Latarjet Procedure – Technique and Fixation Constructs
Ch18 Technique of Arthroscopic Bristow-Bankart Procedure
Ch19 Open Bony Augmentation of Glenoid Bone Loss – Illiac Crest and Allograft – Surgical Technique
Ch20 Humeral Head Defects – Biomechanics, Measurements and Treatments
Ch21 Recent Advances in the Diagnosis and Treatment of Glenohumeral Bone Loss
Ch22 Rehabilitation: Return-to-Play and In-Season Guideli
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2011
- 6th December 2011
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
Chief, Sports Medicine and Surgery, Massachusetts General Hospital, Associate Professor of Surgery, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts
Associate Professor, Director, Section of Shoulder & Elbow Surgery, Rush University Medical Center