Unit I: Foundations of Emergency Nursing
1. Emergency Nursing: An Historical Perspective
2. Emergency Nursing Practice
3. Legal and Regulatory Constructs
4. Cultural Dimensions
Unit II: Professional Practice
5. Evidence-Based Practice
Unit III: Clinical Foundations of Emergency Nursing
8. Patient Assessment
9. Air and Surface Patient Transport
10. Vascular Access and Fluid Replacement
11. Wound Management
13. Family Presence During Resuscitation - NEW!
14. Organ and Tissue Donation
15. Palliative and End of Life in the Emergency Department
16. Forensic Nursing in the Emergency Department - NEW!
17. Emergency Operations Preparedness
18. Nuclear, Biological, and Chemical Agents of Mass Destruction - NEW!
19. Management of the Critical Care Patient in the Emergency Department - NEW!
Unit IV: Major Trauma Emergencies
20. Epidemiology of Trauma
21. Head Trauma
22. Spinal Trauma
23. Thoracic Trauma
24. Abdominal and Genitourinary Trauma
25. Orthopedic and Neurovascular Trauma
27. Maxillofacial Trauma
28. Pediatric Trauma
29. Obstetric Trauma
Unit V: Medical and Surgical Emergencies
30. Respiratory Emergencies
31. Cardiovascular Emergencies
32. Shock Emergencies
33. Neurologic Emergencies
34. Gastrointestinal Emergencies
35. Renal and Genitourinary Emergencies
36. Fluids and Electrolytes
37. Endocrine Emergencies
38. Infections and Communicable Diseases
39. Influenza: Seasonal, Avian, and Pandemic - NEW!