Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Shale Oil and Gas Production Processes delivers the basics on current production technologies and the processing and refining of shale oil. Starting with the potential of formations and then proceeding to production and completion, this foundational resource also dives into the chemical and physical nature of the precursor of oil shale, kerogen, to help users understand and optimize its properties in shale. Rounding out with reporting, in situ retorting, refining and environmental aspects, this book gives engineers and managers a strong starting point on how to manage the challenges and processes necessary for the further development of these complex resources.
- Helps readers grasp current research on production from shale formations, including properties and composition
- Fill in the gaps between research and practical application, including discussions of existing literature
- Includes a glossary to help readers fully understand key concepts
Petroleum, production and process engineers; refinery managers; graduate-level petroleum engineering students
Part I: Gas and Oil from Tight Shale
1. GAS AND OIL IN TIGHT FORMATIONS
3. RESERVOIRS AND RESERVOIR FLUIDS
4. DEVELOPMENT AND PRODUCTION
7.ANALYSIS OF GAS AND CONDENSATE FROM TIGHT FORMATIONS
8.PROCESSING GAS FROM TIGHT FORMATIONS
9. ANALYSIS OF OIL FROM TIGHT FORMATIONS
10. PROCESSING OIL FROM TIGHT FORMATIONS
PART 2: SHALE OIL (KEROGEN-DERIVED OIL)
11.ORIGIN AND PROPERTIES OF OIL SHALE
12.OIL SHALE RESOURCES
14. MINING AND RETORTING
15. IN SITU RETORTING
16. REFINING SHALE OIL
PART 3: OTHER ASPECTS
17. INSTABILITY AND INCOMPATIBILITY OF TIGHT OIL AND SHALE OIL
18. ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT
- No. of pages:
- © Gulf Professional Publishing 2020
- 20th November 2019
- Gulf Professional Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Dr. James G. Speight has a BSc and PhD in Chemistry, a DSc in Geological Sciences, and a PhD in Petroleum Engineering. James has authored more than 85 books in petroleum science, petroleum engineering, biosciences, and environmental sciences as well as books relating to ethics and ethical issues. With over 50 years of experience in petrochemicals, refining, and heavy oil, he has received many awards including the Scientists without Borders Medal of Honor and most recently the American Award for Excellence in Client Solutions from the United States Institute of Trade and Commerce.
CD&W Inc., Laramie, WY, USA
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.