Severe Plastic Deformation: Methods, Processing and Properties examines all severe plastic deformation techniques developed over the past two decades and helps solve the question: What is the appropriate severe plastic deformation method for a particular case? The book offers an overview of severe plastic deformation methods; introduces ultrafine-grained and nano-grained metals and methods for various bulk, sheet, tubular and large size samples; reviews effective parameters to make a severe plastic deformation method better from property (mechanical) and processing (cost, time, load,…) viewpoints; discusses mechanical, physical and chemical properties of UFG and NS metals; and concludes with various applications for these methods.
Over the last several decades, a large number of severe plastic deformation methods have been developed for processing a wide array of metals for superior properties.
- Collects all severe plastic deformation methods in a unique reference
- Compares severe plastic deformation methods from the processing and final property viewpoint
- Classifies severe plastic deformation methods based on the sample shape and mechanics, as well as the properties achieved in the processed metal
- Introduces ultrafine-grained and nano-grained metals and methods for various bulk, sheet, tubular and large size samples
Academic faculty members, students, researchers in the field of mechanical and materials engineering around the world
2. Severe plastic deformation methods for bulk samples
3. Severe plastic deformation methods for sheet samples
4. Severe plastic deformation methods for tubular samples
5. Severe plastic deformation methods for large size samples
6. Effective parameters for the success of severe plastic deformation methods
7. Mechanical properties of UFG and NS metals
8. Physical and chemical properties of UFG and NS metals
9. Applications of UFG and NS metals
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2018
- 1st July 2018
- Paperback ISBN:
Dr. Ghader Faraji is an Assistant Prof. of Mechanical Engineering at the University of Tehran. He serves as the head of the center for processing and characterization of Nanostructured metals and has spent the last ten years performing high impact research on severe plastic deformation processing, publishing over 80 Journal papers in the field.
University in Tehran, Iran
Dr. H. S. Kim, Ph.D. is a professor with the Department of Materials Science and Engineering, POSTECH, in the Republic of Korea. He is a distinguished professor who has published more than 400 journal paper in the field and is considered one of the top researchers in the area of severe plastic deformation. Dr. Kim is a Fellow of the Korean Academy of Science and Technology and sits on the editorial board of Metals and Materials International and Materials Science and Engineering, as well being the Editorial Director of Korean Powder Metallurgy Institute, the Korean Society for Tech. of Plasticity, and the Korean Institute of Metals and Materials.
Department of Materials Science and Engineering, POSTECH, Pohang. Gyeongbuk, Korea
Achieved the National Elite Foundation award as a superior technician graduated Ranked 118th among more than 13,000 Participants in Iran National University Entrance Exam for mechanical engineering-manufacturing graduate studies, 2013 Ranked 26th among 781 Participants in Iran National University Entrance Exam for PHD course, 2016.
School of Mechanical Engineering, College of Engineering, University of Tehran, Iran