Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Separation Anxiety Disorder in Adults provides a comprehensive foundation for understanding the development, manifestation, and treatment of adult separation anxiety. The book explores precursors and triggers to both childhood and adult separation anxiety disorder, comorbidity with other disorders and conditions, and characteristics of populations and individuals with separation anxiety. Assessment and treatment are comprehensively covered, discussing how treatment for adults difers from that for children. Clinical review questionnaires are included for immediate use in practice.
- Reviews the diagnosis, assessment, management, and treatment of adult separation anxiety
- Covers how treatment for adults differs from that for children
- Identifies precursors and triggers to separation anxiety
- Discusses comorbidity with other disorders and conditions
- Includes clinical review questionnaire measures
Mental health clinicians and researchers; psychology students
1. A journey of discovery: separation anxiety disorder in adults
2. Making a diagnosis of separation anxiety
3. The assessment of separation anxiety and separation anxiety disorder
4. Characteristics of populations and individuals with adult separation anxiety disorder
5. Adult separation anxiety and attachment theory
6. Developmental models of separation anxiety disorder
7. Exploring the continuity hypothesis of separation anxiety
8. The biological foundations of separation anxiety
9. Precursors and triggers to childhood and adult separation anxiety disorder
10. Comorbidity with other disorders and conditions
11. Implications for the treatment of adult separation anxiety disorder
12. Issues and challenges associated with understanding adult separation anxiety disorder
The Separation Anxiety Symptom Inventory (SASI)
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2020
- 16th March 2020
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Vijaya Manicavasagar's work has focused on defining the diagnostic criteria for adult separation anxiety disorder and its overlap with other anxiety disorders including panic disorder and agoraphobia. She has recently run treatment studies for depression and bipolar disorder using innovative psychological interventions such as mindfulness meditation and wellbeing groups. Author of over 100 journal articles and 3 books.
Director of Psychological Services and Psychology Clinic, Black Dog Institute. Associate Professor, School of Psychiatry, University of New South Wales, Australia
Derek Silove is one of the first professors to be appointed in the early 1990s to the newly established UNSW Clinical School in Southwest Sydney, where he established the Psychiatry Research and Teaching Unit, and the Centre for Population Mental Health Research. He contributes to clinical services by leading inpatient teams, establishing and overseeing anxiety and traumatic stress services, and providing clinical consultancy for complex cases to Refugee Detention Centers. Associate Editor of BMC Psychiatry. Author of over 290 journal articles and 3 books.
School of Psychiatry, University of New South Wales, Australia
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.