Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
This book describes separation and purification techniquesùadsorption, ion exchange and liquid chromatography on solid supportsùused for fermentation and biochemical feedstreams. Emphasis is placed on basic sorption theory, laboratory evaluation techniques, sorptive materials and their characteristics, scale-up of laboratory techniques, and their industrial applications. Each chapter contains specific examples illustrating the use of purification techniques in biotechnology processes.
Engineers and scientists in the fermentation and biochemicals industries.
- Introduction 1.1 Fermentation Broth 1.2 Recovery Unit Operations 1.3 Recovery Processes 1.4 References
- Adsorption 2.1 Introduction 2.2 Adsorption Theory 2.3 Types of Adsorbents 2.4 Laboratory Evaluation of Adsorbents 2.5 Adsorbent Operations 2.6 Process Considerations 2.7 Adsorption Applications 2.8 References
- Ion Exchange 3.1 Introduction 3.2 Theory 3.3 Ion Exchange Materials and Their Properties 3.4 Laboratory Evaluation Resin 3.5 Ion Exchange Processes 3.6 Ion Exchange Operations 3.7 Process Considerations 3.8 Biotechnology Applications Appendix 3.9 References
- Column Chromatography Processes 4.1 Introduction 4.2 Classifications of Chromatography 4.3 Chromatographic Materials 4.4 Theory 4.5 Laboratory Techniques 4.6 Scale-Up Procedures 4.7 Industrial Systems 4.8 Chromatography Applications References
- Affinity Chromatography 5.1 Introduction 5.2 Theory of Affinity Chromatography 5.3 Affinity Chromatography Materials 5.4 Laboratory Practices 5.5 Scale-Up of Laboratory Procedures 5.6 Affinity Chromatography Operations 5.7 Affinity Chromatography Applications 5.8 References Index
- No. of pages:
- © William Andrew 1989
- 31st December 1989
- William Andrew
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Mediquest, Bothell, WA, USA
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.