Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Part I: Introduction to silicon nanowires for biomedical applications – Synthesis and fundamental properties
1. Overview of semiconducting silicon nanowires for biomedical applications
2. Growth and characterization of semiconducting silicon nanowires for biomedical applications
3. Surface modification of semiconducting silicon nanowires for biosensing applications
4. Biocompatibility of semiconducting silicon nanowires
Part II: Silicon nanowires for delivery and tissue engineering applications
5. Functional semiconducting silicon nanowires for cellular binding and internalization
6. Functional semiconducting silicon nanowires and their composites as tissue scaffolds
7. Mediated differentiation of stem cells by engineered semiconducting silicon nanowires
8. Nanoneedles devices for biomedicine
9. Therapeutic platforms based on silicon nanotubes
10. Silicon nanowires as spatially-defined therapeutics
Part III: Silicon nanowires for detection and sensing
11. Semiconducting silicon nanowire array fabrication for high throughput screening in the biosciences
12. Nanostructured silicon for biological modulation
13. CMOS-compatible silicon nanowire field-effect transistors: where nanotechnology pushes the limits in biosensing
14. Silicon nanowire composites for biosensing and therapy
Part IV: Future opportunities and challenges
15. The competition: non-silicon nanowire/nanotube strategies in nanomedicine
16. Commercialization of silicon nanowire-based biotechnologies
Semiconducting Silicon Nanowires for Biomedical Applications reviews the fabrication, properties and biomedical applications of this key material. Sections review basics, growth, characterization, biocompatibility, and surface modification of semiconducting. Chapters go on to focus on silicon nanowires for tissue engineering and delivery applications, including cellular binding and internalization, orthopedic tissue scaffolds, mediated differentiation of stem cells, and silicon nanoneedles for drug delivery. Finally, the book highlights the use of silicon nanowires for detection and sensing. These chapters explore the fabrication and use of semiconducting silicon nanowire arrays for high-throughput screening in the biosciences, neural cell pinning on surfaces, and probe-free platforms for biosensing.
This book provides a comprehensive resource for biomaterials scientists who are focused on biosensors, drug delivery and tissue engineering, but it is also ideal for researchers and developers in industry and academia who are concerned with nanoscale biomaterials, in particular electronically-responsive biomaterials.
- Reviews the growth, characterization, biocompatibility, and surface modification of semiconducting silicon nanowires
- Describes silicon nanowires for tissue engineering and delivery applications, including cellular binding and internalization, orthopedic tissue scaffolds, mediated differentiation of stem cells, and silicon nanoneedles for drug delivery
- Highlights the use of silicon nanowires for detection and sensing
Materials scientists and biomedical engineers in academia and research, interested in nanobiomaterials, optical materials and associated biomedical devices/applications
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2022
- 1st September 2021
- Woodhead Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
Professor Jeff Coffer has conducted research into nanobiomaterials at the Department of Chemistry,Texas Christian University for over 13 years. His research interests includes: - Structure and Properties of ‘Doped’ Group IV Nanocrystals and Nanowires; - Nanoscale Silicon Structures for Biomaterial Applications; - Biologically-Inspired Electronic Nanostructures.
Texas Christian University, TX, USA
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.