Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Self-Healing Polymer-Based Systems presents all aspects of self-healing polymeric materials, offering detailed information on fundamentals, preparation methods, technology, and applications, and drawing on the latest state-of-the-art research.
The book begins by introducing self-healing polymeric systems, with a thorough explanation of underlying concepts, challenges, mechanisms, kinetic and thermodynamics, and types of chemistry involved. The second part of the book studies the main categories of self-healing polymeric material, examining elastomer-based, thermoplastic-based, and thermoset-based materials in turn. This is followed by a series of chapters that examine the very latest advances, including nanoparticles, coatings, shape memory, self-healing biomaterials, ionomers, supramolecular polymers, photoinduced and thermally induced self-healing, healing efficiency, life cycle analysis, and characterization. Finally, novel applications are presented and explained.
This book serves as an essential resource for academic researchers, scientists, and graduate students in the areas of polymer properties, self-healing materials, polymer science, polymer chemistry, and materials science. In industry, this book contains highly valuable information for R&D professionals, designers, and engineers, who are looking to incorporate self-healing properties in their materials, products, or components.
- Provides comprehensive coverage of self-healing polymeric materials, covering principles, techniques, and applications
- Includes the very latest developments in the field, such as the role of nanofillers in healing, life cycle analysis of materials, and shape memory assisted healing
- Enables the reader to unlock the potential of self-healing polymeric materials for a range of advanced applications
Academic: Researchers, scientists, and advanced students in polymer properties, self-healing materials, polymer science, polymer chemistry, and materials science. Industry: Scientists, R&D professionals, designers, and engineers working on polymer/plastic materials, products, or components
1. Self-Healing Polymeric Systems: Fundamentals, State of Art, and Challenges
2. Mechanism of Self-Healing in Polymer Systems
3. Kinetics and Thermodynamics of Self-Healing in Polymeric Systems
4. Types of Chemistry Involved in Self-Healing Polymeric Systems
5. Self-Healing Polymeric Materials Based on Elastomeric Materials
6. Self-Healing Polymeric Materials Based on Thermoplastics
7. Self-Healing Polymeric Materials Based on Thermosets
8. Role of Nanoparticles in Self-Healing of Polymeric Systems
9. Self-Healing Polymeric Coatings: Anticorrosive and Fatigue Repair Effects
10. Shape Memory Assisted Self-Healing in Polymeric Systems
11. Self-Healing Biomaterials Based on Polymeric Systems
12. Ionomers as Self-Healing Materials
13. Supramolecular Polymers as Self-Healing Materials
14. Photoinduced and Thermally Induced Self-Healing in Polymer Systems
15. Theoretical Aspects and Modeling of Healing Efficiency in Polymeric Systems
16. Life Cycle Analysis of Healing in Polymeric Systems
17. Characterization of Self-Healing Materials
18. Applications of Self-Healing Polymeric Systems
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2020
- 14th July 2020
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Sabu Thomas is a Professor of Polymer Science & Engineering, in the School of Chemical Sciences in Mahatma Gandhi University, Kerala, India. His areas of research are in polymer blends, fiber filled polymer composites, nanomaterials and polymer nanocomposites, ageing and degradation, pervaporation phenomena, sorption and diffusion, interpenetrating polymer systems, recyclability and reuse of waste plastics and rubbers, elastomer crosslinking, dual porous nanocomposite scaffolds for tissue engineering, polymer nanocomposites for electronic applications, water purification, and energy storage
Professor of Polymer Science & Engineering, in the School of Chemical Sciences in Mahatma Gandhi University, Kerala, India
Dr. Anu Surendran is a CSIR-JRF Doctoral Fellow, at the International and Interuniversity Centre for Nanosciences and Nanotechnology (IIUCNN), Mahatma Gandhi University, Kerala, India. She has extensive research and publications in the areas of polymer science incorporating nanomaterials, and epoxy based blends, nanocomposites, and applications. Dr. Surendran has presented numerous papers at national and international conferences.
International and Interuniversity Centre for Nanosciences and Nanotechnology (IIUCNN), Mahatma Gandhi University, Kerala, India
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.