Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
1. Mix design procedure, tests, and standards
2. Rheology and workability of SCC
3. Production and placement of self-compacting concrete
4. Strength Properties of SCC
5. Permeation properties of self-compaction concrete
6. Shrinkage and Creep of SCC
7. Carbonation and Corrosion of SCC
8. Properties of SCC at Elevated Temperature
9. Properties of self-compacting concrete with recycled concrete aggregates
10. Properties of SCC with Industrial By-Products as Aggregates
11. Properties of SCC with Supplementary Cementing Materials
12. Properties of Fibre Reinforced SCC
13. Structural performance of self-compacting concrete
Self-Compacting Concrete: Materials, Properties and Applications presents the latest research on various aspects of self-compacting concrete, including test methods, rheology, strength and durability properties, SCC properties at elevated temperature, SC manufacturing with the use of SCMs, recycled aggregates and industrial by-products. Written by an international group of contributors who are closely associated with the development of self-compacting concrete, the book explores the main differences between SCC and normal concrete in terms of raw materials, fresh properties and hardened properties. Other topics discussed include the structure and practical applications of fiber reinforced SCC.
Researchers and experienced engineers will find this reference to be a systematic source to SCC with its accounting of the latest breakthroughs in the field and discussions of SCC constructability, structural integrity, improved flows into complex forms, and superior strength and durability.
- Offers a systematic and comprehensive source of information on the latest developments in SCC technology
- Includes mix design procedures, tests standards, rheology, strength and durability properties
- Explores the properties and practical applications of SCC
Civil, materials and structural engineers, Materials scientists, architects and structural designers, PhD students working in materials, structural design and construction
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2020
- 20th November 2019
- Woodhead Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Rafat Siddique is Senior Professor of Civil Engineering & Dean of Research and Sponsored Projects and Former Dean of Faculty Affairs at the Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology (Deemed University), Patiala, India. He received his doctorate in 1993 from BITS Pilani, in India and his Post-doctoral Fellowship from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, USA. The major thrust of his research is the Utilization of Waste Materials and Industrial By-products in Construction Materials and Supplementary Cementing Materials. He is the author of over 230 research articles in peer-reviewed journals and conferences. He has published four books including two by Springer on Waste Materials and By-products and Supplementary Cementing Materials. He is the Editor of the Journal of Construction and Building Materials (Elsevier).
Senior Professor of Civil Engineering Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology (Deemed University), Patiala, India
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.