Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
1. Fifty years in the world of proteins (C. Tanford).
2. Proteins, life and evolution (H. Jo).
3. Pehr Victor Edman: The solitary genius (B. Blombäck).
4. A privileged life (T.C. Laurent).
5. RNA enzymology and beyond (U.Z. Littauer).
6. Some selected recollections from a life with biochemistry (H. Klenow).
7. A risky job: In search of noncanonical pathways (V.P. Skulachev).
8. Fifty years of biochemistry as enjoyed by a medical biochemist motivated by an interest in diabetes (P.J. Randle).
9. My happy days with lac repressor - in a dark world (B. Müller-Hill).
10. A dark side of science in difficult times (B. Müller-Hill).
11. The sarcoplasmic reticulum Ca2+-ATPase and the processes of energy transduction in biological systems (L. de Meis)
This book is the latest volume in a highly successful series within Comprehensive Biochemistry and provides a historical and autobiographical perspective of the development of the field through the contributions of leading individuals who reflect on their careers and their impact on biochemistry. The book is essential reading for everybody, from graduate student to professor, placing in context major advances not only in biochemical terms but in relation to historical and social developments. Readers will be delighted by the lively style and the insight into the lives and careers of leading scientists of their time.
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier Science 2003
- 1st April 2003
- Elsevier Science
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Swiss Institute of Technology, ETH-Zentrum, Zürich, Switzerland
School of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology, University of Leeds, UK
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.