1. Fifty years in the world of proteins (C. Tanford).
2. Proteins, life and evolution (H. Jo).
3. Pehr Victor Edman: The solitary genius (B. Blombäck).
4. A privileged life (T.C. Laurent).
5. RNA enzymology and beyond (U.Z. Littauer).
6. Some selected recollections from a life with biochemistry (H. Klenow).
7. A risky job: In search of noncanonical pathways (V.P. Skulachev).
8. Fifty years of biochemistry as enjoyed by a medical biochemist motivated by an interest in diabetes (P.J. Randle).
9. My happy days with lac repressor - in a dark world (B. Müller-Hill).
10. A dark side of science in difficult times (B. Müller-Hill).
11. The sarcoplasmic reticulum Ca2+-ATPase and the processes of energy transduction in biological systems (L. de Meis)