- Examination tables offer quick and reliable reference to key exam steps and what to expect.
- Aids to Differential Diagnosis tables summarize distinguishing characteristics of abnormalities, furnishing you with clues for identifying characteristic symptoms and diagnosing patient problems.
- Sample Documentation sections at the end of system chapters promote concise yet thorough patient charting for each system exam.
- Equipment Lists, indicating needed items in preparation for each system exam, facilitate efficiency in the practice setting.
- Color-coded Pediatric Variations tables provide a resource on differences in findings and developmental considerations for pediatric patients.
- Updated Computerized Charting content reflects the shift to electronic charting in clinical practice and equips you with a current resource on what and how to chart patient data.
- Over 200 full-color illustrations on anatomy and physiology, exam procedures, and normal and abnormal findings offer a visual reference to performing exams and anticipated and unanticipated findings in this highly visual field.
2. Vital Signs and Pain Assessment NEW!
3. Mental Status
4. Nutrition and Growth and Measurement
5. Skin, Hair, and Nails
6. Lymphatic System
7. Head and Neck
9. Ears, Nose, and Throat
10. Chest and Lungs
12. Blood Vessels
13. Breasts and Axillae
15. Female Genitalia
16. Male Genitalia
17. Anus, Rectum, and Prostate
18. Musculoskeletal System
19. Neurologic System
20. Head-to-Toe Examination: Adult
21. The Healthy Female Evaluation
22. Age-Specific Examination: Infants, Children, and Adolescents
23. Age-Specific Examination: Special Populations and Older Adults NEW!
24. Reporting and Recording
Appendix: Quick Reference to Special Histories