Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Science of Heat and Thermophysical Studies provides a non-traditional bridging of historical, philosophical, societal and scientific aspects of heat with a comprehensive approach to the field of generalized thermodynamics. It involves Greek philosophical views and their impact on the development of contemporary ideas. Covered topics include:
• the concept of heat
• thermometry and calorimetry
• early concepts of temperature and its gradients
• non-equilibrium and quantum thermodynamics
• chemical kinetics
• entropy, order and information
• thermal science applied to economy(econophysics), ecosystems, and process dynamics or mesoscopic scales (quantum diffusion)
• importance of energy science and its influence to societal life
This title is recommended to specialists in thermal science as well as the general scientist. It can serve as a reference text for those interested in the many concepts behind thermal analysis and its applications in other areas, providing the reader with a wide background and framework of thermal sciences.
- Some Philosophical Aspects of Scientific Research.
- Miscellaneous Features of Thermal Science.
- Fire as a Philosophical and Alchemical Archetype.
- Concept of Heat in the Renaissance and New Age.
- Understanding Heat, Temperature and Gradients.
- Heat, Entropy and Information.
- Thermodynamics and Thermostatics.
- Thermodynamics, Econophysics, Ecosystems and Societal Behavior.
- Thermal Physics of Processes Dynamics.
- Modeling Reaction Mechanism: The use of Euclidian and Fractal Geometry.
- Non-Isothermal Kinetics by Thermal Analysis.
- Thermometry and Calorimetry.
- Thermophysical Examinations and Temperature Control.
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier Science 2005
- 15th November 2005
- Elsevier Science
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Institute of Physics of the Academy of Sciences, Praha, Czech Republic
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.