Science of Heat and Thermophysical Studies
A Generalized Approach to Thermal Analysis
Free Global ShippingNo minimum order
Science of Heat and Thermophysical Studies provides a non-traditional bridging of historical, philosophical, societal and scientific aspects of heat with a comprehensive approach to the field of generalized thermodynamics. It involves Greek philosophical views and their impact on the development of contemporary ideas. Covered topics include:• the concept of heat • thermometry and calorimetry • early concepts of temperature and its gradients • non-equilibrium and quantum thermodynamics • chemical kinetics • entropy, order and information • thermal science applied to economy(econophysics), ecosystems, and process dynamics or mesoscopic scales (quantum diffusion) • importance of energy science and its influence to societal life
This title is recommended to specialists in thermal science as well as the general scientist. It can serve as a reference text for those interested in the many concepts behind thermal analysis and its applications in other areas, providing the reader with a wide background and framework of thermal sciences.
Table of Contents
- 1. Some Philosophical Aspects of Scientific Research.
2. Miscellaneous Features of Thermal Science.
3. Fire as a Philosophical and Alchemical Archetype.
4. Concept of Heat in the Renaissance and New Age.
5. Understanding Heat, Temperature and Gradients.
6. Heat, Entropy and Information.
7. Thermodynamics and Thermostatics.
8. Thermodynamics, Econophysics, Ecosystems and Societal Behavior.
9. Thermal Physics of Processes Dynamics.
10. Modeling Reaction Mechanism: The use of Euclidian and Fractal Geometry.
11. Non-Isothermal Kinetics by Thermal Analysis.
12. Thermometry and Calorimetry.
13. Thermophysical Examinations and Temperature Control.
- No. of pages: 486
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Elsevier Science 2005
- Published: November 15, 2005
- Imprint: Elsevier Science
- eBook ISBN: 9780080459769
About the Author
Professor Šesták is a multi-award-winning scientist, educator and photographer. After completing his Ph.D. in 1968, we went on to hold the titles of D.Sc Material Science and Associate Professor of Inorganic Chemistry at the University of Pardubice, Full Professor at the Institute of Chemical Technology in Prague, and was awarded Dr.h.c. for his life achievements in solid-state chemistry and physics by Pardubice University in 2010. He has worked around the world, including positions at the Institute of Physics (Czech Republic), Nuclear Centre in Studsvik, (Sweden), University of Missouri at Rola (USA), Kyoto University (Japan), Taiwan National University in Taipei (Taiwan), Charles University in Prague, University of West Bohemia in Pilzen, and University of New York in Prague (Czech Republic). In addition to publishing nearly 300 papers, Professor Šesták has authored, co-authored or edited 17 books with top scientific publishers, given around 250 plenary and invited lectures, and been featured in every edition of ‘Who’s Who in the World’ since 2000.
Affiliations and Expertise
Institute of Physics of the Academy of Sciences, Praha, Czech Republic
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Science of Heat and Thermophysical Studies"