Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
- Introduction to short fibre<REINFORCED composites
2. Extrusion compounding and injection moulding
3. Major factors affecting the performance of short fibre<REINFORCED polymers
4. Stress transfer in short fibre-reinforced polymers
5. Strength of short fibre reinforced polymers
6. Elastic modulus of short fibre<REINFORCED polymers
7. Flexural modulus of short fibre<REINFORCED polymers
8. Thermal conductivity and expansion of short fibre<REINFORCED composites
9. Electrical conductivity of short fibre<REINFORCED polymers
10. Nonlinear stress<STRAIN behaviour
11. Fracture mechanics
12. Creep and fatigue of short fibre composites
Science and Engineering of Short Fibre Reinforced Polymer Composites, Second Edition, provides the latest information on the ‘short fiber reinforced composites' (SFRP) that have found extensive applications in automobiles, business machines, durable consumer items, sporting goods and electrical industries due to their low cost, easy processing and superior mechanical properties over parent polymers. This updated edition presents new developments in this field of research and includes new chapters on electrical conductivity, structural monitoring, functional properties, self-healing, finite element method techniques, multi-scale SFRCs, and both modern computational and process engineering methods.
- Reviews the mechanical properties and functions of short fiber reinforced polymer composites (SFRP)
- Examines recent developments in the fundamental mechanisms of SFRP's
- Assesses major factors affecting mechanical performance, such as stress transfer and strength
- Includes new chapters on electrical conductivity, structural monitoring, functional properties, self-healing, finite element method techniques, multi-scale SFRCs, modern computational methods, and process engineering methods
Scientists and engineers working in materials development as well as manufacturers
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2019
- 27th August 2019
- Woodhead Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Professor Shao-Yun Fu is Division Head, Technical Institute of Physics and Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China.
Chinese Academy of Sciences, China
Dr Bernd Lauke is Group Leader, Leibniz Institute of Polymer Research Dresden, Dresden, Germany.
Leibniz Institute of Polymer Research, Germany
Dr Yiu-Wing Mai is Chair and Professor of Mechanical Engineering at the University of Sydney, Australia
University Chair and Professor of Mechanical Engineering at the University of Sydney, Australia
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.