Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
This is the first book to encompass the fundamental phenomenon, principles, and processes of discrete droplets of both normal liquids and melts. It provides the reader with the science and engineering of discrete droplets, and provides researchers, scientists and engineers with the latest developments in the field. The book begins with a systematic review of various processes and techniques, along with their applications and associations with materials systems. This is followed by a description of the phenomena and principles in droplet processes. Correlations, calculations, and numerical modeling of the droplet processes provide insight into the effects of process parameters on droplet properties for optimization of atomizer design. Droplets are found in the areas of metallurgy, materials, automotive, aerospace, medicine, food processing, agriculture, and power generation, and encountered in a huge range of engineering applications.
Metallurgy, materials, automotive, aerospace, medicine, food processing, agriculture, and power generation, and encountered in a huge range of engineering applications.
- General Introduction
- Processes and Techniques for Droplet Generation
2.1.0 Atomization of Normal Liquids
2.2.0 Atomization of Melts
- Fundamental Phenomena and Principles in Droplet Processes 3.1.0 Droplet Formation 3.2.0 Droplet Deformation on a Surface
- Empirical and Analytical Correlations of Droplet Properties 4.1.0 Concept and Definitions of Droplet Size Distribution 4.2.0 Correlations for Droplet Sizes of Normal Liquids 4.3.0 Correlations for Droplet Sizes of Melts 4.4.0 Correlations for Droplet Deformation Characteristics on a Surface
- Theoretical Calculations and Numerical Modeling of Droplet Processes 5.1.0 Energy Requirements and Efficiency 5.2.0 Modeling of Droplet Processes of Normal Liquids 5.3.0 Modeling of Droplet Processes of Melts 5.4.0 Modeling of Droplet Deformation on a Surface
- Measurement Techniques for Droplet Properties and Intelligent Control of Droplet Processes 6.1.0 Measurement Techniques for Droplet Size 6.2.0 Measurement Techniques for Droplet Velocity 6.3.0 Measurement Techniques for Droplet Number Density 6.4.0 Measurement Techniques for Droplet Temperature 6.5.0 Measurement Techniques for Droplet Deformation on a Surface 6.6.0 Intelligent Control of Droplet Processes References Index
- No. of pages:
- © William Andrew 1999
- 31st December 1999
- William Andrew
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
University of California, Irvine, USA
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.