- Includes new tabletop exercises for managing emergencies
- Contains coverage of the new risks commonly facing schools today, from access control to social media
- Presents updated school security resources
- Serves as a comprehensive guide for building an effective security program at little or no cost
- Covers fundamental CPTED concepts
- Addresses bullying, teen suicide, harassment, and dating violence
- Takes a holistic approach to school security rather than focusing on a particular threat or event
School safety and security professionals, administrators, and graduate students. Those at K-12 schools, universities, and day care centers responsible for policy implementation or protective services in the school setting.
Table of Contents
1. What Is School Security?
2. How Safe Is Your School?
3. Developing a Plan
4. Securing Your Environment
5. Influencing Behavior
6. Preparing Your People
7. Managing Emergencies
8. Social Media Risks and Solutions
9. School Security Resources and Conclusion
- No. of pages: 248
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Butterworth-Heinemann 2021
- Published: April 27, 2021
- Imprint: Butterworth-Heinemann
- Paperback ISBN: 9780323852661
- eBook ISBN: 9780323853675
About the Author
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
(Total rating for all reviews)
K. P. Fri Aug 06 2021
School Security: How To Build And Strengthen A School Safety Program - Second Edition
As a seasoned school safety & security professional, I chose Timm’s first edition as my go-to and the second edition does not disappoint. In fact, it surpasses, pulling together current, data-driven, best practices from industry experts, to provide a resource-rich, comprehensive and practical approach to school safety and security. This work affirms why Timm is recognized throughout the industry as the industry leader. I highly recommend this resource for any stakeholder in the K-12 community.