- Includes the words and phrases most commonly used by health professionals to eliminate the time-consuming process of looking up words in the dictionary.
- Specific questions that elicit yes or no answers assist health care providers with quickly obtaining essential information from patients.
- Sample dialogs cover common situations in the health care setting.
- Basic vocabulary such as numbers, colors, days of the weeks, and members of the family is included to facilitate conversations with Spanish-speaking patients.
- Vocabulary tables highlight basic vocabulary within the text for quick reference.
- Phrase and Sentence Index includes an alphabetical listing of all phrases and sentences used in chapter dialogs.
- An alphabetical Word Index allows easy access to specific words.
- Information on Hispanic culture and popular health beliefs helps readers provide culturally appropriate care.
- Pronunciations are provided for all sample dialogs and vocabulary so readers can speak with confidence.
- © Saunders 2004
- 2nd December 2003
- eBook ISBN:
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.