- Rationales are provided for both correct and incorrect answer options.
- A detailed test-taking strategy is included for each question, providing clues for analyzing and selecting the correct answer.
- All alternate item question types are represented, including multiple response, prioritizing/ordered response, fill-in-the-blank, illustration/hot spot, chart/exhibit questions, graphic option, and questions incorporating audio and video.
- Questions categorized by cognitive level, NCLEX® client needs area, integrated process, priority concepts, and clinical content area help you focus on the question types you find most difficult.
- A Priority Nursing Tip is included with each question, highlighting need-to-know patient care information.
- Page references to Elsevier nursing textbooks direct you to study and remediation material for any question answered incorrectly.
- Chapters organized by Client Needs simplify review and reflect the question mix in the NCLEX-RN test plan blueprint.
- An 85-question comprehensive exam represents the content and percentages of question types identified in the NCLEX-RN test plan.
- An Evolve companion website includes a pre-test to help in identifying any areas of weakness, and allows you to choose an area of study by content category and to answer questions in study or exam mode.
- Preparation guidance for the NCLEX-RN includes chapters on academic and nonacademic preparation, advice from a recent nursing graduate, and transitional issues for the foreign-educated nurse.
- NEW! Online and mobile updates will address the new NCLEX test plan to be released in April 2016.
1. The NCLEX-RN Examination
2. Preparation for the NCLEX-RN Examination: Transitional Issues for the Foreign-Educated Nurse
3. Profiles to Success
4. The NCLEX-RN Examination: From a New Graduate's Perspective
5. Test-Taking Strategies
Unit II: Client Needs
6. Client Needs and the NCLEX-RN Test Plan
Test 1: Physiological Integrity
Test 2: Safe and Effective Care Environment
Test 3: Health Promotion and Maintenance
Test 4: Psychosocial Integrity
Unit III: Integrated Processes
7. Integrated Processes and the NCLEX-RN Test Plan
Test 5: Integrated Processes
Unit IV: Comprehensive Test
Test 6: Comprehensive Test