Practice makes perfect with Saunders Q&A Review for the NCLEX-RN® Examination, First South Asia Edition. This popular review offers 500 test questions, giving you all the Q&A practice you need to pass the NCLEX-RN® examination! Each question enhances review by including a test-taking strategy, rationales for correct and incorrect answers, and page references to major nursing textbooks. Questions are organized to match the Client Needs and Integrated Processes found in the most recent NCLEX-RN test plan. From the most trusted name in NCLEX review, Linda Anne Silvestri, this resource is part of the popular Saunders Pyramid to Success.
- A detailed test-taking strategy is included for each question, providing clues for analyzing and selecting the correct answer.
- Chapters organized by Client Needs simplify review and reflect the question mix in the NCLEX-RN test plan blueprint.
- Rationales are provided for both correct and incorrect answer options.
- All alternate item question types are represented, including multiple response, prioritizing/ordered response, fill-in-the-blank, illustration/hot spot, chart/exhibit questions, graphic option, and questions incorporating audio and video.
- An 85-question comprehensive exam represents the content and percentages of question types identified in the NCLEX-RN test plan.
- A Priority Nursing Tip is included with each question, highlighting need-to-know patient care information.
- Introductory chapters feature preparation guidance for the NCLEX-RN including chapters on academic and nonacademic preparation, advice from a recent nursing graduate, and transitional issues for the foreign-educated nurse.
Unit I: NCLEX-RN Preparation
1. The NCLEX-RN Examination
2. Profiles to Success
3. The NCLEX-RN Examination: A Graduate's Perspective
4. Test-Taking Strategies
Unit II: Client Needs
5. Client Needs and the NCLEX-RN Test Plan
Test 1: Physiological Integrity
Test 2: Safe and Effective Care Environment
Test 3: Health Promotion and Maintenance
Test 4: Psychosocial Integrity
Unit III: Integrated Processes
6. Integrated Processes and the NCLEX-RN Test Plan
Test 5: Integrated Processes
Unit IV: Comprehensive Test
Test 6: Comprehensive Test
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier India 2018
- 26th April 2018
- Elsevier India
- Paperback ISBN:
Linda Anne Silvestri has provided decades of nursing education and leadership that has directly impacted the growing and needed nursing workforce. Her research focused on a holistic investigation of predictors leading to success on the licensure examination. Her findings, published in the Journal of Nursing Education and Practice, led to significant contributions, filling a critical need in NCLEX® preparation. Linda’s vision was to provide a holistic educational approach to ensure overall well-being in test anxiety and self-efficacy, and success on the NCLEX®. As a leader in providing global NCLEX® preparation resources published by Elsevier, she strives for excellence in publication quality, based on the discovery of new knowledge in nursing, standards of care, and research-based studies. Her published resources ensure nursing graduates’ ability to make sound clinical judgments as they serve the public and the nursing profession. Linda is also a Next Generation NCLEX® Subject Matter Expert and Consultant for Elsevier.
Assistant Professor of Nursing, Clinical Coordinator, Nursing Program, Salve Regina University, Newport; President, Professional Nursing Seminars, Inc., Charlestown, Rhode Island.
Angela Silvestri is a well-known nurse educator, researcher, and author. She has been teaching and working in university administrative roles for the past 10 years at all levels of nursing education. She has experience teaching across the program and in classroom and clinical settings in the areas of Nutrition and Human Development Across the Lifespan, Foundations of Care in Nursing, Gerontological Nursing, Complex Care in Nursing, and Leadership and Transition to Practice in pre-nursing and undergraduate nursing programs. She is currently serving as the Program Director for the undergraduate BSN program at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. She is a sought-out speaker at national conferences on the topic of nursing school success. Her passion for college student success comes through in her work at the School of Nursing teaching Leadership and licensure exam preparation and in publishing research and best-selling licensure exam review resources on national and international levels.
Assistant Professor & BSN Program Director, University of Nevada, Las Vegas; Registered Nurse, Henderson Hospital Medical Center, Henderson, Nevada; Consultant, Nursing Reviews, Inc., Henderson, Nevada.
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.