Get instant access to the latest information on more than 1,000 generic and 4,000 trade name drugs with Saunders Nursing Drug Handbook 2016. With its alphabetical organization and user-friendly design, it gives you all the expert drug information you need right in the palm of your hand. Plus, addition to its thorough drug coverage, this convenient handbook also features the precautionary information nurses need to provide safer patient care — such as guidance on clinical priorities in the practice setting and IV drug administration. No other drug handbook on the market is as perfectly tailored to the practicing nurse’s needs as Saunders Nursing Drug Handbook 2016!
- Over 1,000 generic name drugs (encompassing over 4,000 trade name drugs) are organized alphabetically with A to Z tabs to make accessing important information quick and easy.
- Special text treatment for "High Alert" drugs that pose the greatest risk for patient harm promotes safe drug administration.
- Fixed combinations are included in dosages of each combined drug directly within the individual monographs.
- Cross-references to the 400 top U.S. brand-name drugs are located directly in the main section of the book for easier accessibility.
- Detailed drug information distinguishing side effects and adverse reactions helps you identify which are most likely to occur.
- UNIQUE! Frequently-used herb monographs are also included to keep you informed of commonly encountered herbs.
- Newly approved drugs are listed in the front of the book for quick and easy access to this timely information.
- Evolve companion site features customizable and printable monographs for 100 of the most commonly used drugs.
- Comprehensive IV Compatibility Chart foldout arms you with compatibility information for 65 intravenous drugs.
- Lifespan and disorder-related dosage variations content equips you with special considerations for specific patient populations.
- Extensively expanded IV content features a heading for IV compatibilities and expanded rates of infusion, reconstitutions, drip rates, test doses, flushing, and incompatibilities.
- Therapeutic and toxic blood level information shows you patient implications for drug administration.
A sample drug monograph with call-outs is included to help users understand how to use the book more efficiently.
Drugs by Disorder
Section I. Drug Classifications
Section II. A-Z Drugs
Section III. Reference Section
Appendix A Calculation of Doses
Appendix B Controlled Drugs (United States)
Appendix C Chronic Wound Care
Appendix D Drugs of Abuse
Appendix E Equianalgesic Dosing
Appendix F FDA Pregnancy Categories
Appendix G Herbals: Common Natural Medicines
Appendix H Lifespan, Cultural Aspects, and Pharmacogenomics of Drug Therapy
Appendix I Normal Laboratory Values
Appendix J Cytochrome P450 (CYP) Enzymes
Appendix K Poison Antidote Chart
Appendix L Preventing Medication Errors and Improving Medication Safety
Appendix M Recommended Childhood and Adult Immunizations
Appendix N Parenteral Fluid Administration
Appendix O Spanish Phrases Often Used in Clinical Settings
Appendix P Common Terminology for Adverse Events
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2016
- 10th June 2015
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Education Coordinator, Department of Pharmacy, Alexian Brothers Medical Center, Elk Grove Village, IL, USA
Morton Plant Mease Northbay Hospital, Former Staff Nurse, New Port Richey, FL; St. Joseph's Hospital, Former Staff Nurse in the Cancer Institute, Tampa, FL, USA