- Over 1,000 generic name drugs (encompassing over 4,000 trade name drugs) organized alphabetically with A to Z tabs to make accessing important information quick and easy.
- Detailed drug information distinguishing side effects and adverse reactions helps you identify which are most likely to occur.
- Special text treatment for "High Alert" drugs that pose the greatest risk for patient harm promotes safe drug administration.
- Top 200 Drugs helps you identify the most frequently administered drugs.
- Lifespan and disorder-related dosage variations content equips you with special considerations for specific patient populations.
- Therapeutic and toxic blood level information shows you patient implications for drug administration.
- Comprehensive IV Compatibility Chart foldout arms you with compatibility information for 65 intravenous drugs.
- Pageburst eBook works on any mobile device giving you access to drug information from virtually anywhere.
- UNIQUE! ( for ebook only) Frequently-used herb monographs as well as additional herb information keep you informed of commonly encountered herbs.
How to Use This Book
IV Compatibility Chart Insert
Drugs by Disorder
List of Newly Approved Drugs
A-Z Drug Entries
A. Calculation of Doses
B. Controlled Drugs (United States)
C. Chronic Wound Care
D. Drugs of Abuse
E. Equianalgesic Dosing
F. FDA Pregnancy Categories
G. Herbal: Common Natural Medicines
H. Lifespan, Cultural Aspects, and Pharmacogenomics of Drug Therapy
I. Normal Laboratory Values
J. Cytochrome P450 (CYP) Enzymes
K. Poison Antidote Chart
L. Preventing Medication Errors and Improving Medication Safety
M. Recommended Childhood and Adult Immunizations
N. Parenteral Fluid Administration
Commonly Used Abbreviations
Dangerous Abbreviation List